Friday, December 12, 2008

So In Love


Yes, our entire family is totally in love with baby Ava who is 2 weeks old today. Jason and I brought our sweet baby girl home on Monday and I've spent the week just taking her in. After 10 days in the NICU/NICU2/Intermediate Nursery, she has been receiving lots of hugs and kisses from all of us.

Ava is such a good baby. She rarely cries and I have to wake her up to eat. Since we brought her home, she's been sleeping in her crib. She has "awake time" about twice a day which lasts for about an hour. During this time, she's content to lounge in my arms or kick her legs while laying on a blanket. She eats every 3 hours via both bottle and breast. Because of her size, nursing is a huge chore for her. She's actually very good at nursing but gets tired easily so we follow up with a bottle of breast milk. I can't get over how easy going she is! We went to see Dr. Goza (pediatrician) on Wednesday and she had gained 4oz since coming home on Monday. We're almost back to her birth weight which is extremely impressive since she lost a total of 10oz during the first 5 days in the NICU.

I promise to post more pictures soon, but we're heading up to the hospital today to pick up my short term disability paperwork. Since we'll be right across the street from the Viking Store, we'll pop in to see how the Central Services Holiday Outing is going.
BTW - Both the birthmark on her forehead and under her nose will go away within her first year. Ayden had the exact same birthmark on his forehead!

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Yes, I may be a bit prejudiced but this baby is PERFECT! Sweet Ava has managed to wrap all of us around her little finger. This little snip of a girl has no idea how much she is loved.

Deb said...

She is a raving beauty. I agree with her Mimi...she is PERFECT! How lucky you all are to have such a wonderful gift for Christmas.

Mama/Baby-Catcher/KellyJellyBelly/KJB/Wifey said...

Oh, Ava. We've been silently rooting for you. We are all so very, very happy that you are safe and sound.

Chere said...

Yes little Ava, you wrapped me around your little finger today at scrap club. You were the perfect little Angel. I look forward to many more times with you. It has been 26 years since I have held such a tiny little bundle of perfection.

Anonymous said...

She looks just perfect! I can't wait to meet her! (Let's hope it doesn't take two years!!!!) She's so lucky to have her two big brothers to take care of her.

Love to all of you!
Aunt Judy

Judyann said...

Hey Jamie, she certainly is beautiful. Enjoyed meeting Ava at scrapclub and can't wait to see how much she will have grown by the time I see her next.