Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Addict Seeking Help

I have yet another addiction (like I need another one). I'm addicted to the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I told you that I bought the first book, Twilight, Saturday night. I started reading it Sunday while the boys napped. I almost hyperventilated yesterday when I realized that I only had 40 pages left of the 500 page book. I quickly whipped up some fettuccine alfredo for me and the boys, dropped off a doggy bag for my mom at her house and cruised to Books A Million to by the second book, New Moon. Jason pulled into the driveway right behind us so I hid the book in the truck and had to mask the wild look in my eyes so he wouldn't realize I'd gone over the deep end. Ayden didn't take a nap so I had him in bed at 7:30. Jameson fell asleep during our snuggle time so I was able to slip into bed around 8:30 and finish up Twilight.

This doesn't sound too crazy right? Well, let me admit the worst of it. I brought Twilight with me to work on Monday and Tuesday and when everything was quite down the hall, I would hide the book behind my garbage can and read away. While at a stop light, I'd quickly read a few sentences before my light turned green. Yesterday I flew home as soon as I could and raced through Publix buying just enough for dinner last night and tonight. I had 10 minutes before I had to pick up the boys so I sat in the grocery store parking lot and read my book. I haven't watched Desperate Housewives yet because Twilight took top priority. I think Jason was looking for a little somethin-somethin last night but I claimed my arthritis has been bothering me all day so I could escape to bed. New Moon came with a sheet of temporary tattoos that are beyond adorable. I'm desperately trying to figure out a way I can use them as rub-ons for a scrapbook page. I have New Moon sitting on my desk right now and it's going to take all of my willpower to put it back in my bag so I can transmit payroll today. People need to get paid! I NEED HELP!!

Seriously, people can have their drugs and alcohol...all I need is a good Stephenie Meyer book!



No comments: