Tuesday, October 30, 2007

We're Back!

Well, we made it through an entire week on an island without killing each other (or one of the boys)! We had such a fantastic time at the beach house. We experienced the most perfect combination of sunny and overcast days. We lived on the beach on the sunny days and did our sightseeing on the overcast days. We usually took 2 long walks on the beach every day and included the dogs on our evening stroll. There wasn't much to do on the island itself except soak in the scenery. This suited us just fine. We didn't feel like battling a bunch of tourists and having to search out a small section of the beach for our family every day. We basically had the beach area in front of our house to ourselves. Jason and I started thinking about what a simple and content life the locals lived. Work during the day and fish during free time. It started to sound pretty good, but we had jobs and our life to get back to. We got home Sunday to some slightly cooler temperatures and I woke up Monday morning to find it was only 50 degrees. Brrrr!

But as I was driving into work with the heat on in the truck for the first time this fall, I realized that I love living in Atlanta, I love my hectic-crazy life and I'm ready for summer to end and for fall to begin. I'm excited to see my boys in their Halloween costumes. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner, watching the parade on TV and drinking too much wine. Ayden is already asking me if he was a good boy this year and if Santa will be stopping by our house. His enthusiasm is contagious and I find myself looking forward to Christmas decorations, baking cookies and searching out those "perfect" gifts.

So, St. George has probably become one of my new favorite vacation destinations, but I think we'll leave it at that. It's a great place to relax and let go for a while, but I wouldn't give up what I have here for the world!

FYI - I downloaded vacation pictures last night and will edit and upload them into Kodak Gallery tonight.

1 comment:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Oh goody! I look forward to baking Christmas cookies so long a Pete isn't included. His idea of decorating cookies doesn't invoke the holiday spirit. Somehow nipples on angels isn't appropriate for the cookie platter.