Monday, October 8, 2007

Gay, Vampires & Benedryl

On Saturday Jason had to work all day but it didn't stop me and my parents from packing up the boys and heading down to Gay, Ga for the Cotton Pickin' Fair. Yes, there really is a town in Georgia called Gay...I even took a picture to prove it. It was such a beautiful day! We spent the majority of our visit wandering the grounds checking out the local artists. I bought some cute artwork for Jameson's room and Ayden rode the ponies and climbed around the Spider Man tower. It wasn't long after we left that both of the boys fell asleep in their carseats totally worn out.

A while back on Candice Stringham's blog (totally awesome photographer who works for Creating Keepsakes) I saw that she made reference to a book coming out that she was totally excited about. It was the third book in a series by Stephenie Meyer(http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/) called Eclipse. After reading some of the comments on her blog, I realized that there were a lot of people really into these books. Since there is nothing that I enjoy more during my very limited down time than a good book, I was extremely interested. After dinner on Saturday we took the boys to the bookstore and there in the front of the store was a Stephenie Meyer display. I snatched up the first book in the series called Twilight. This type of story is totally out of my "norm". It's about a young girl who moves to a new town and falls in love with a vampire. I decided to wait and start it yesterday while the boys were napping. Thank goodness that they both took a 2 hour nap...I couldn't put this book down. I couldn't wait until they were both in bed again last night so I could crawl into bed and pick up where I had left off. Jason had to yell at me last night to turn off the lights...I even skipped Desperate Housewives (DVR'd though)!

Onto my last exciting tid bit of info. They boys have been battling a cold for some time now. Ayden handles it much better than Jameson. When Jameson is sick and has a hard time sleeping, mommy has a hard time sleeping. I'm exhausted! Thank goodness for Children's Benedryl though. After two days with a tablespoon every 4-6 hours, I think we're on the road to recovery. I'm happy to report that Jameson slept from 8:30 last night to 5:30 this morning. Way to go goober man!

I've got pictures to download tonight so be on the lookout! Hope everyone had a good weekend!

No comments: