Friday, October 12, 2007

So Very Tired

I feel like I have a newborn all over again. Except with a newborn you can feed them and they go right back to sleep. Not Jameson...we were up from 1:30 to 3 this morning. I finally gave up and brought him into our bed. He slept until 6:15 while I was still up at 4:45 to get ready for work. I feel hungover and I didn't have a drop of alcohol last night.

I'm excited about this weekend. Not anything extremely major going on but it should be a fun/productive weekend. Tomorrow the boys and I are taking a road trip with Mimi to Barnesville (about an hour away) to check out a different scrapbook store. I'm sure daddy will be working so I need to get the boys out of the house. Sunday we're staying home to clean and start packing for St. George. It's supposed to be beautiful all weekend (high 70's) so we can open windows, air out the house and have the kids play outside while we get some serious work done. With all of the exciting new shows on TV and kick ass Stephenie Meyer books to read, I've sort of been neglecting the homestead.

This is what we're having for dinner tonight:

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Ingredients:
3 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon cumin
2 (14.5oz) cans chicken broth
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 cup chunky salsa
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
tortilla chips

Directions:
1. Boil the chicken and shred. In a large pot combine chicken, garlic and cumin. Mix well. Then add the broth, corn, onion, chili powder, lime juice and salsa. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30-45 minutes.

2. Break up some tortilla chips into individual bowls and pour soup over the chips. Top with shredded cheese and sour cream.

Enjoy and hope ya'll have a great weekend!

No comments: