Thursday, October 4, 2007

My Life List

I've mentioned how I've been struggling to be a better person lately. Sometimes I feel like I'm on track and sometimes I feel like I'm failing miserably. I've been reading lately about how people are creating "Life Lists" to keep themselves on the right path. As somthing is accomplished on their list it gets crossed off and new things can be added. It really made me step back and think of what I want to accomplish during my lifetime. I think of things I want to do or see all of the time, but will I ever do anything about it? Maybe if I just have it written down, I'll be more likely to take action. So I've started my Life List. I only planned on putting down 25 things, but had a hard time stopping once I got started....

1. learn to have patience with my children
2. stop feeling like I have to compete with Jason’s hectic schedule
3. take a hot air balloon ride
4. visit Italy
5. take a family vacation with just Jason and the boys
6. visit all 50 states
7. learn how to use my camera
8. take a photography class
9. pass the APA exam
10. make $75,000/ year
11. get my degree in human resource management
12. convince Jason that it’s okay to have 3 kids
13. make something creative every week
14. consistently do the laundry every Saturday (and put it away)
15. be thankful for something new every day
16. never go to bed without giving Jason a kiss and telling him that I love him
17. plant a garden
18. visit Africa
19. make smores with the boys in the backyard
20. tile the laundry room
21. have my own scrap studio (with a door)
22. take the boys to church at least every other week
23. light candles every night after work
24. tell my grandma my true feelings about our relationship (or lack of)
25. learn photoshop elements in and out
26. tell Jason every day that he’s a good daddy
27. call my dad and mother-in-law at least once a week
28. renew our vows after 20 years of marriage
29. finally get down to 150 lbs
30. dance with the vacuum cleaner
31. tickle the boys every night before bed
32. post more photos on my blog
33. pay off both of our credit cards
34. move into a 4 bedroom house
35. talk to my sister every month (not via email)
36. find time to get a haircut more than once a year
37. finish painting Ayden's room

I figure it's a lot easier to write it all down than it is to actually do it. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: