Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Breathe!

This is how the last week has gone...

Tuesday - Basically started and finished payroll in one day and transmitted with only an hour to spare.

Wednesday - Left the office around 11am to run errands for the holiday staff breakfast and Central Services holiday outing. Came back around 3pm with about $600 worth of stuff from Target and $9600 worth of $100 bills. I should have just taken the money and run. Started to stuff the employee gift bags and made up the center pieces for the tables. I took pictures and will share at a later date.

Thursday - Took 5 dogs (2 are mine and 3 are my mom's) to the groomers after dropping Ayden and Jameson off at Marguerite's. Ran to my mom's to send out a quick email and ended up handling a plumbing mishap. Raced to Flat Creek for Ayden's school party. Soon realized that out of 7 kids, only 2 of us parents actually work outside of the home. Hmmmmm. Had a blast! The kids were so much fun and Ayden was pulling me from one activity to another. After dropping him back off at Marguerite's I ran to the grocery store for baking supplies. I totally forgot that the heating element in our oven went out so I had to pack up half of my kitchen and bake at my mom's. After picking up the boys, meeting my mom for nails and going back to mom's to clean up the kitchen, I finally got the gift bags for the Central Services holiday outing done around 11pm.

Friday - Got to work around 7 to finish stuffing the bags for the staff meeting. Every employee got a $100 bill and a VISA card with $50 on it. Not too bad! The room looked beautiful! I loved the way the center pieces looked!! We had Waffle House cater our breakfast and the staff couldn't have been happier. It's probably the only time that all 96 employees are in the same room. Finance/Payroll/HR quickly did our Christmas gift exchange and then I was off to the bowling alley to set up. I made team signs for each lane and decorated with garland. Most of the group (there was 30 of us) was there by noon to start the festivities. Everyone really liked the goody bags filled with homemade treats. I had a few stragglers that didn't want the party to come to an end and I finally got out of the bowling alley around 5pm....only to find that some butt head had backed into my truck. Great!

Saturday - It was rainy, cold and windy. Jason had to work all day so the boys and I only left the house once to pick up one of Jason's presents that I'd ordered. We stayed in our PJ's all day! I talked to the insurance company to figure out when I would drop the truck off on Monday and coordinate the rental car. I found out we have a $250 deductible for collision but we had a $250 voucher waiting for us to use...end result is that we don't have to pay a penny for the damages.

Sunday - Finally found the energy to take a shower and run some errands. Went to Target, brought daddy lunch (who was working at my parent's pool house), ran to Best Buy, Office Depot and Pak Mail to mail the Engstrom family's presents. Brought the boys home for a nap and got ready for a co-worker's holiday party. My mom came to watch the boys while they were sleeping. Got home only to leave again for JC Penny's and grab some dinner. We finally got home around 8.

Monday - I woke up to Jameson having a cough attack in his room around 12:30am. Shortly after he was crawling in our bed...still coughing...keeping me wide awake. Dropped the boys off at Marguerite's, ran to the bank, dropped the truck off at McWilliam's, got dropped off at Enterprise and finally left with my rental car about 9. Raced to work as fast as I could. Had a horribly crazy day since Paul is out sick with walking pneumonia. I can't even begin to go into how much I have to get done this week! Finished printing family pictures so I could finish our Christmas cards. Finished wrapping Milo, Nikki and Erin's presents. I took Jameson's temperature after bath time only to find he had a 101.6 temperature. Pumped him up with Children's Tylenol and Mucinex Cough. I crossed my fingers and hoped that would help him sleep through the night.

Tuesday - Woke up around midnight to Jameson coughing again. Poor little man. He crawled into bed again with us and was coughing away in his sleep. Around 3:30am Ayden woke up crying. This is not normal so I went to investigate the source of the problem. Apparently there were monsters roaming our house and he was scared. Not wanting both of the boys in bed with us, I told him that every night after he's in bed I take out my wand and sprinkle our house with magic to protect us from monsters. After 3 more visits to assure him that our house was monster free, my alarm clock was going off. Jameson's fever seemed to go down so I crossed my fingers and dropped them both off at Marguerite's. Today our Christmas cards get mailed. I have a ton of errands to run tonight, will hopefully ship the rest of our gifts and then Jason leaves tomorrow morning for Alabama again. Hopefully he'll be back on Thursday but that's only if all goes well.

Tomorrows agenda: Lose my mind!

No comments: