Monday, December 3, 2007

Feeling Good

I took last Friday off from work to get some cleaning done at home. I've been trying to get things done on the weekends, but we've been so busy lately that it's been accumulating to the point where I couldn't stand it any more. So I took a vacation day to clean. I dropped the boys off at Marguerite's at the normal time (6:30am) and got started!

I got totally road blocked as soon as I hit Jameson's room. Anyone with small children know how quickly they grow out of their clothes. With 2 boys, I'm constantly packing up outgrown clothes and bringing down the next size for Jameson and buying more for Ayden. It's a vicious circle! According to Jason, who is our haul-it-up-to-the-attic-daddy, our attic is busting at the seams and there's no more room. I simply could not believe that! So after dusting Jameson's room, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I dragged my butt up to the attic and started reorganizing, which led me to open boxes...boxes of stuff that hasn't been looked at in years...stuff that we will never use again! It was very difficult for my obsessive compulsive mind to accept that this is not the time for a rummage sale and all of this useless stuff had to remain up there. I still managed to reorganize and move the tubs of clothes from the hallway up to their new home in the attic. With all of this new found space, I packed up baby toys that haven't been used in ages and took those up as well.

Let's just say that this slight detour in my cleaning project lasted about 2 hours. I was now ready to tackle Ayden's room. After going through his closet and realizing that most of his clothes are size 3 and he's officially in a size 4 (I can not allow my baby to look like he's ready for a flood any longer), I was ready to give up. I finished cleaning his room and decided to take on my desk/scrapping area. BIG mistake. I am simply running out of room for my supplies. My little nook by the fireplace just doesn't cut it anymore. We need to finish our remodeling projects so we can buy a bigger house so I can have an entire room dedicated to my most favorite hobby. Okay...see why I probably should have just gone to work? The next thing I knew, it was time to start dinner and pick up the boys.

After all was said and done, I felt good about my accomplishments. Reorganizing the attic and cleaning out Jameson's closet has been haunting the back of my mind for ages and now it's done. Did I finish cleaning the entire house? No. But I still feel good.

Jason surprised me by planning a supply run for work with Ayden Saturday morning. My mom surprised me by calling in the morning looking for someone to run errands with. Jason took off with Ayden and we took off with Jameson. Belks (like a Dillards) was having their famous "Red Dot" sale. I found some awesome deals for Ayden...shirts for $3 and jeans for $7.50! I never buy clothes for myself so I was pretty shocked when I loaded up with 4 button down shirts, a sweater and a casual long sleeve...all on sale! I even went to Old Navy and bought a new pair of jeans!! To make the day even better, we picked up Jason, Ayden and Bumpa and headed up to Stone Mountain to see Santa. We rode the Christmas train, took the sky tram to the top of the mountain and even waited until 6pm for the parade. Ayden was so excited to see Santa!

Yesterday was the kick off meeting for the Scrack Addicts (scrappers with a serious addiction to the hobby). From 10:30am to 5pm I scrapped, ate yummy food and hung out with the girls. I adore my family and look forward to spending time with them, but every once and a while I need to get away. We plan on meeting the first Sunday of every month at my mom's house. I will be counting the days until our next meeting!

Jason was off this morning to Alabama again and won't be back until Thursday. Since I get tons accomplished while he's gone, I have no doubt in my mind that the rest of my cleaning that didn't get done on Friday will be done before he returns.

Until next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Considering how much you accomplished yesterday, you need to post photos of your layouts and Christmas ornaments. They are beautiful! But, of course, you already knew that. We had such FUN together! I'm counting the days until our next meeting the first weekend in January. Hooray!

Love, Mom