Monday, December 10, 2007

Funny Story

I have no idea how old I was (maybe 6 or 7?) but I have this memory of my mom and I that I will NEVER forget and love to bring up around her....she rolls her eyes every time and I can see her doing it right now as she's reading. My mom was taking me to see my pediatrician and missed her turn. She made a U-turn at the next available intersection where this was prominently displayed...I immediately informed her that she just made an illegal U-Turn with precious cargo in the car and have since then reminded her of it at every appropriate moment. This brings me to my most recent funny story...



I was driving with the boys to my mom's house and came upon a... There were no other cars waiting at the 4 way stop so I sort of coasted through it. Here's the conversation that then took place with Ayden.

Ayden: Mommy, that sign means stop.

Me: Good job buddy! You're right, that sign does mean stop.

Ayden: But mommy. You didn't stop!

Busted! Hopefully Ayden is young enough that he won't remember my momentary lapse in judgement. I'm normally a very good driver with my precious cargo. I certainly can't say the same for when they're not with me.

4 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Jeez! You have a memory like an elephant! I can't get away with anything around you. In your creative imagination, is there any doubt why you are an only child? You can depend on me reminding you of your failure to obey a stop sign the next time you bring up my U-turn.

Anonymous said...

Thank you both so much for all the info on your shortcomings when driving,I will be sure to bring them up when needed. You know nobody can drive as well as I can and we will not bring up rolling the car a few times either!

Jamie Payne said...

Or how about that time we were driving home from downtown Appleton and you stopped and the railroad crossing guard almost squashed us! That was hilarious!! I thought Steve was going to have a panic attack since it was your brand new Saturn:) Oh, happy memories...

Anonymous said...

Dear Jamie, Reminding mother in law of her one (or two) driving mishaps is a dangeruos place to go since I have only totaled out one car! Be nice because my memory is long and dementia is far away.

Love, Debbie
(aka..mother in law)