Monday, December 10, 2007

Getting Better

Things took a turn for the worse Thursday night. Right after dinner Ayden told me that his "brain" hurt as he was clutching his stomach. Thinking this was one of his dramatic moments, I indulged him by taking him into the bathroom. As soon as I put the toilet seat up, he was projectile vomiting. My poor baby! Things didn't get any better. I put Jameson to bed in between Ayden's trips to the bathroom and after only 10 minutes in bed he was screaming and crying. I went in to investigate only to find that he had gotten sick all over himself and his bed. While I was occupied cleaning up Jameson, I wasn't able to help Ayden get to the bathroom so his bed ended up the same as Jameson's. Jason was still on his way back from Alabama so I found myself going from child to child cleaning up messes. I'm pretty impressed by how well I handled things since I'm normally a sympathy puker and I never once felt the urge. I decided to stay home on Friday with the boys and I'm glad I did since it all started to come out the other end in the morning. They both took a 4 hour nap in the afternoon and woke up in much better spirits.

We had the most beautiful weather all weekend and daddy didn't have to go to work once. We didn't venture too far from home since Ayden needed to stay close to the toilet. Since it was 75 degrees both Saturday and Sunday, we let the boys play outside. I tried to get caught up on laundry and Jason worked on our mass piles of leaves. JoAnn's finally got my buttons back in stock so I was able to finish my button trees. All three of them look so pretty sitting on the buffet! With both of the boys being sick I didn't have much time for any other crafty projects.

This week is going to be very hectic. I have to prep payroll today and transmit tomorrow. I have to finish up Christmas presents and get everything wrapped so they can be shipped this weekend. I have to finish up Christmas cards and get them in the mail. Thursday I'm dropping the dogs off at the groomers, going to Ayden's holiday party at school (they're decorating their own cupcakes and Ayden is totally excited) and then returning home to bake cookies. I'm making Christmas tins for all of Jason's co-workers at Patriot and I have 30 goody bags to get ready for our holiday outing at work. It's been fun doing all of the planning myself this year for the outing at work, but it's also been exhausting. I put a lot of pressure on myself to make it perfect and most people only care about the bowling and free beer. I'll post some of the stuff I've made for it later this week.

This weekend, Tyler is out of town so Jason is taking us to see the house. They'll probably have it finished by the end of January and Tyler will finally move in. It took a year to build that house! I'll be sure to take lots of pictures...I know I'm excited to see a 40 million dollar house!!

Have a great week ya'll!

No comments: