Monday, January 19, 2009

I miss her

Today is Ava's first day in the nursery at Royal Learners. I don't actually go back to work until tomorrow, but I thought it would be nice to have a "me" day. Now that she's actually gone, all I want to do is go get my baby. I miss her so much! I guess that it's better I'm doing this today instead of tomorrow though. Bawling my eyes out at work is much more embarrassing than bawling my eyes out at home.

So what am I going to do with all of my free time today (sniff, sniff, sniff)? I just took a uninterrupted shower. In 15 minutes I'm going to pump without one of my precious babies needing something from me. Then I'm heading down to Newnan. I have to stop off at Ulta, Old Navy and Kohls. I won't have to lug in a stroller/carseat combo or a diaper bag. I also won't be searching for the boys underneath one of the numerous clothing racks. I'll have lunch with my mom and then return home to pump again. I plan on spending the rest of my afternoon cleaning the house.

Who am I kidding? It took me almost an hour to type this post because I keep staring at the clock...is it time to pick up Ava yet???

All of these were taken last week...our baby girl was 7 weeks old on Friday!




4 comments:

Deb said...

you could always go sneak over and steal a peak!

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

I have a hard time being without her...it must be a hundred times worse for you. She grew so much in the week we were on vacation. It's nice to see her little cheeks getting plumper. She is a beautiful baby. Yes, I can see why being away from her is difficult. At least we'll get to spend time together for lunch. Woo hoo!

Pam said...

She's beautiful - no wonder you hate being away from her for even one minute. They better treat you well at work tomorrow!

Judyann said...

She is getting so big. Glad you had a day to yourself. Hope you enjoyed it.