Friday, November 16, 2007

Day 4 and Acclimation

It's been a really long week. We're now on day #4 of Jason being gone. In some ways it's easier when he's gone. The house stays cleaner, the boys seem more well behaved, our routine stays intact and I can do whatever I want after the boys are in bed...scrap, watch TV, read in bed. On the other hand, it sucks. I just miss him so much. It's also been tough at work...lots of different things going on that don't make me happy but I have no control over.

Yesterday was truly the icing on the cake. It was a really bad day at work...one of those days that makes you wonder why you bothered getting out of bed that morning. I spent my entire drive home venting to mom on the phone (thanks mom!). I ran to my mom's to let her dogs out and then picked up the boys. It smelled like crap when I walked into Marguerite's. Ayden was sleeping on the couch so I immediately sniffed Jameson...he's known for his stinky diapers. Nope. Not Jameson. Marguerite and I assumed that it was Britton, who had just woken up from her nap. I woke up Ayden and pulled him onto my lap so I could get his shoes on. It was at that moment that he started crying and apologizing. I realized that the incredibly nasty odor was coming from him and not Britton. My poor baby had a loose poopy while he was napping. All I wanted to do was get him home so I could clean him up properly. Good luck we only live 2 miles away...it took everything I had to not vomit during the trip home. Holy Buddha! So instead of just letting the dogs out I had to clean up poopy pants and wash out the underwear (I almost just threw them in the garbage, it was that bad). Just as I got Ayden in fresh clothes, Jameson came up to me with Ayden's nightlight in his hand. I noticed that the light bulb had some blood on it. Apparently Jameson had taken the cover off, put it in his mouth, cut his gum and then decided to suck on the light bulb. Before anything else could happen, I rushed the boys out of the house to meet Mimi for nail night. Welcome to my world.

This morning I came to the conclusion that I've totally acclimated to the Georgia weather. It was only 30 degrees when we left the house and you would've thought it was 20 below. I've been in my office since 7:15 and I'm still trying to thaw out. I love and miss everyone back in Wisconsin but there is absolutely no way that I could handle the ultra frigid temps anymore.

In other news...Jason thinks that he'll be home sometime today/tonight. They worked their little butts off and are ahead of schedule. Yeah! I can not wait to see him, hug him, kiss him and tell him how much I adore and love him.

Ya'll have a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you miss Jason, but it's nice having you and the boys all to myself when he is away. I can't recall the days when I was alone - truly ALONE - for 5 out of 7 days every week. I am blessed to have you and the boys here for company! On the other hand, I want Jason home too. Our unfinished pool house beckons him:-)

Love ya, Jason! Mom