Monday, November 26, 2007

Joints, Drizzle and Mileage

We had a serious cold front blow in Thanksgiving day. Our highs have been in the low 50's and in the 30's at night. I'm having a hard time this year with the weather changes. My left hand was so sore on Friday and Saturday it was basically useless. I'm doing much better today but it's one more reminder that I have arthritis (due to my Lupus) and it's only going to get worse as I get older.

The joint pain may be due to the rain we've been getting since Thursday as well. It's been on and off and I shouldn't be complaining since we're in a severe drought, but the dreary skies make me want to curl up on the couch and not move. Sort of impossible with work and 2 kids running crazy through the house. Thoughts of dropping the boys off at Marguerite's and crawling back into bed were in my head as I made my way to the shower this morning at 4:45. Mondays suck, but wet Mondays suck more.

As I was driving to work today (in the rain which I hate), I noticed I have reached 65,000 miles on the Expedition. Holy cow! In one year, I've put on 30,000 miles. I thought you were only supposed to put on 15,000-20,000 in one year. Maybe I should add this to my new year's resolution list...drive less.

BTW - I totally neglected my camera on Thanksgiving. I remembered to take it out while Bumpa carved the turkey and I also took a picture of the yummy food on my plate, but other than that it just collected dust.

No comments: