Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Lots of Stuff

1. No, I haven't downloaded my photos yet. I know...pathetic. I'm actually scared to download my photos at this point. I've got about 1 1/2 months worth on my camera and I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed. I'm not making any promises, but I'm going to try and get to it this weekend. Maybe Saturday while the boys are napping.

2. You can tell all of our family is back in Wisconsin. Jason began his crazy 15 hour days again yesterday. Out the door at 6:30am and not home until 9:30pm. Poor guy. I've been warned that the next month will be like this. Oh joy.

3. It's officially summer. At least in my book it is. When I'm on my way to work at 6:45am and it's already 75 degrees outside, it's summer. With Jason's work schedule I see the the boys and I spending lots of time at my parent's house...in the pool. Look out mom!

4. Jameson can spell. Well, not technically...but pretty darn close. I woke up Monday morning to him pointing at my chest and saying a bunch of gibberish. I tried to get him to lay back down but he was being very persistent. After realizing that he wasn't going to let me go back to sleep, I started to pay attention to what he was saying. I had on a "HELP, I'm addicted to scrapbooking" t-shirt on and he was saying the letters. H....E....L....P. I almost died of shock! My two year old baby that can barely talk, was rattling off the letters on my shirt. Where did he learn to do that? So I asked Marguerite yesterday if they've been working with flash cards or something and she said yes. In fact, both Ayden and Jameson can identify all of the letters in the alphabet, colors, shapes and numbers. I knew that Ayden had already learned most of this stuff through school, but I was very surprised to hear about Jameson.

5. The beauty is being sucked out of me. While pregnant with the boys everyone would say that I had that "glow" about me. My skin was so clear and my hair was nice and shiny. Now everyone says that I look tired. They ask me how I'm doing with sympathy in their voice. I now have these two dry patches on my eye lids. I keep trying to moisturize them, but they remain flaky. I do great during the morning and then sometime after noon, the nausea kicks in. So, I heard from a reliable source that there's this old wives tale that if one is pregnant with a girl, the beauty gets sucked out of them. This is my story and I'm sticking to it.

6. I haven't had Diet Pepsi in about 3 weeks. Not by choice. I just can't stomach anything carbonated right now, especially dark sodas. So I've been living off of water and lemonade with the random Freska thrown in every once in a while.

7. This Sunday is Scrap Club. I'm pretty excited about it since I had to bale early last month due to my bad back. I managed to get one layout done and then I had to have Jason pick me up. Serious bummer. But I'm back in the groove and ready to tackle a fun project this weekend...an acrylic album that we cut out using my mom's AccuCut dies. Fun stuff!

8. I'm back at the gym. I had to. After a one month hiatus, I realized that there's no way I'm going to gain minimal weight during this pregnancy by sitting on my butt all of the time. So yesterday I went over with my boss and another co-worker for the Body Blast class. Holy shit! I don't think I've EVER done that many squats and lunges. I couldn't even stay for the arms because my legs were turning to mush. This morning I woke up and practically collapsed when my legs hit the floor. I was planning on hitting the treadmill today for a little cardio, but I think I'd fall right off. Tomorrow is Body Blast again, but with a different trainer. Apparently Peter works your abs and arms more than Brian so I think I stand a good chance of making it through the class. And for all of you who are concerned about working out while pregnant...I okay'd it with my OBGYN. It's healthier for me and baby if not tooooooo much weight is gained and it's also good for my SI joint.

Okay, that's enough for now. I'm sure I bored you all enough for one day:)

6 comments:

Roxanne Schwandt said...

Not boring at all, you crazy lady! :) I have also heard that old wives tale about if it's a girl, she sucks all the beauty out of you. My polish friend told me that last year when she was prego, but she had a BOY! OHP!!! I also have experienced the ugliest acne, worse than ever, so instantly that old wives tale crossed my mind as well. We will see, dear Jamie, we will see soon, hopefully! :) *HUGS*

debbie (mima) said...

ok girls, this old wives tale works for me! So continue to have the beauty sucked out of you because it is easier for me to believe it without saying it.So get ugly for a good cause! LOL

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Okay...let's find out once and for all if you're having a girl.

It's a girl if:

-You had morning sickness early in pregnancy
-Your baby's heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute
-You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear
-Your left breast is larger than your right breast
-Your hair develops red highlights
-You are carrying high
-Your belly looks like a watermelon
-You are craving sweets
-You are craving fruit
-You crave orange juice
-You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy
-You are moodier than usual during pregnancy
-Your face breaks out more than usual
-You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread
-Your breasts have really blossomed!
-Your pillow faces south when you sleep
-Your urine is a dull yellow color
-You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves from side to side
-You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an odd number

Chere said...

Okay here goes. This is how I felt when I was preg. with Marlee:
I was so tired I could not move. I had to rest after taking a shower and drying my hair was a draining.
I was sick the whole 8 months. I only gained 16 lbs. I was to sick.
I carried Marlee all in the front. I left the hospital wearing the same size I wore before.
Smells made me sick.
I was green most of the time.
But it was all worth it when she was born and perfect. My baby girl.

Deb said...

You are having a girl if:
you can't get enough peanut butter
you want fresh strawberries in the dead of winter
when you leave the room people can see from the back side you are preggers
your skin looks like crap
At least these are the things I experienced when having my baby girl.

Deb said...

You are having a girl if:
you can't get enough peanut butter
you want fresh strawberries in the dead of winter
when you leave the room people can see from the back side you are preggers
your skin looks like crap
At least these are the things I experienced when having my baby girl.