Friday, May 30, 2008

It's A Girl!

Do I have any medical proof to back up this claim? Well, not actually. But the Vietnamese lady who does my nails, told me so last night. She did the "ring" test on me. You take your wedding band (or anyone's wedding band...doesn't have to be yours) and put a string through the opening to suspend it in the air. Gently tap your palm with the band 9 times and then hold the string up with the band hanging over your palm. If the ring starts to move in and a back-and-forth movement, it's a boy. If the ring moves in a circular motion, it's a girl.

You have to follow those steps for each child you have or are having, including miscarriages. So since I already have 2 children and one on the way, we did the process 3 times.

First the ring moved in a back-and-forth motions....a boy for Ayden. After 9 more taps on my palm it moved in a back-and-forth motion again...a boy for Jameson. After 9 more taps on my palm it moved in a CIRCULAR motion...a girl!!!

Okay, so you may have your doubts as to how reliable this all is. I did too. Judy has had 3 children (girl, girl & boy) so I asked if I could do it to her. First the ring moved in a circular motion, then again in a circular motion and then finally back-and-forth. Weird!!!

So after this medical breakthrough while getting my nails done last night, I'm convinced I'm having a girl. Don't rain on my parade people. But just to prove to you that this is quite a reliable way to determine your baby's sex, I'll prove it to you after my ultrasound on 6/16 when they are unable to find a penis on the baby growing in my tummy.

5 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Please, please PLEASE let this baby be a girl! I adore all our grandchildren and would be just as happy for myself if this child turns out to be a boy. However, I want Jamie to have a girl so she may experience the joy of their relationship in the same way I cherish the relationship between Jamie and me. Someday when I am gone, Jamie will have Isabella Marie to lean on just as I lean on my daughter. Be it a girl or boy, I already love this child with all my heart.

Deb said...

Hey Jamie, I am a believer in the ring thing because everyone I know that has ever tried it was 100% accurate. Sending little baby girl dumpling prayers to the heavens....:)

Roxanne Schwandt said...

OH YEAH!!!!!!!! That would be SO awesome if you have a girl, you NEED a girl!!! I do believe in that stuff that your nail lady did. My mother-in-law does something similar with string held over your palm, but I'm going to have her try this one to me tonight. With the 1 misscarriage, I'm interested to see what this type of test says! I also have a friend who has spiritual guides that have showed her RED FIRETRUCKS and her pendalum also had a very strong positive boy answer on me. We'll see! We don't mind which it is at this point, we just want to KNOW! :)
I can't wait to find out what your ultrasound says on the 16th!! (mine is on the 25th)

Chere said...

You know I have a soft spot for little boys. I just love their spirit. I love my daughter and her prissey little ways. I truly hope and pray that this baby is a little girl. Your Mom is right. You need someone to do girl things with. Mimi needs a little granddaughter. She already has a Diva running suit and I am waiting to order a Scrapbooker in Training t-shirt. Did I miss something. Her name is Isabella Marie? We did not talk about this at scrap club. Can't wait to see ya sunday.

Lars said...

The ring thing predicted my first three correctly, as well. Haven't done it will Ultimo yet, big ultrasound coming up!
Aunt Kelly (not Lars)