Monday, May 12, 2008

There really is such a thing as too much of a good thing

Oh yes there is. And I'm suffering right now because I've EATEN too much of a good thing. I made dinner last night for us mommies (Deb, Debbie and yours truly). Stuffed tenderloin, twice baked potato casserole, grilled green beans and homemade cheesecake. It was the first time I made the twice baked potato casserole and it was super yummy. I was so excited about all of the leftovers! So I brought the entire container of said leftovers to work with me today. I simply couldn't wait for lunch so I heated up about half the contents for breakfast this morning. Yum, Yum. It was even better the second day! So for lunch I thought...why the heck not? There's nothing wrong with devouring such a high caloric dish for 3 meals in a row!

I'm dying folks! I stupidly shunned my maternity pants today and decided to wear "normal" work clothes. Stupid! My pants are now cutting off the circulation to the poor little baby trying to develop in my tummy. And speaking of maternity pants...I'm in complete shock that I should even be wearing them at this early stage! I know that as you have more and more and more children, your body just knows what to do and jumps right into second trimester mode after taking the pregnancy test but I'm just not ready yet. No, having to dig out the maternity clothes at 8 weeks is not exactly giving me the time to accept that I may very likely have THREE little boys running around my house. Do you know the two that I have now??? Then you can totally understand why the thought of three of them makes me want to go hide in the closet.

Okay, enough about crazy little boys that get into everything...including fire ants and the pan of scalding hot fluff for our stuffed tenderloin. Let's go back to the twice baked potato casserole. Do you like potatoes? Do you like cheese and sour cream? Do you faint over an entire pound of bacon cooking on the griddle? If so, come back tomorrow for this dreamy recipe. I'd post it today but I left the cookbook at home and quite honestly...if I had to write down the ingredients and go over the directions in detail right now, I may hurl in my newly carpeted office. I also think my CFO would frown upon the hurling part. So tomorrow it will go up...while I'm wearing some loose maternity pants and eating fruit and a salad for lunch.

3 comments:

Roxanne Schwandt said...

yes, you have to share that recipe! Might as well post the Fluff recipe, too, since I always seem to loose that. :)

Chere said...

You know you love having those two little boys running around getting into everything. This time around you are going to have a beautiful little girl who will be the ring leader of getting into everything. Watch out Ayden and Jameson. Do not trust anything in pink! Maybe Mommie! Sorry I have not looked for your bed parts. I have been out of town. I will try to get to them tomorrow. "I'll think about it tomorrot." Scarlett O'Hara

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

While you're at it, be sure to post your yummy to-die-for casserole with the biscuits.

Dinner was wonderful! You are such a great cook...I tought you all you know:) Ha! Thanks much for the wonderful Mother's Day dinner and giving us another grandchild to love and spoil. Christmas is going to be such fun!