Friday, February 6, 2009

Lots of good things to look forward to

1. Warm weather! It's supposed to be in the upper 60's all weekend so we'll finally be able to get outside and do some yard work. I desperately need to go through the outside toys and get rid of a bunch of stuff.

2. Double header birthday parties. Tomorrow is Caitlin's party at one those inflatable jumpy places. They didn't have quite the response they'd been hoping for so Jameson is being allowed to tag along. Sunday is Maddie's indoor pool party at the Peachtree Dive Center. This is where Ayden takes his swim lessons so he should be more than comfortable in the water.

3. Ayden starts Level 1 swim lessons in March. He did fabulous in PreLevel 2 when daddy took him in December. I love watching his progress!

4. Soccer, soccer and more soccer. The instructor for Soccer Shots (program offered at RL) told me after the spring session that Ayden shows true talent. She advised that we get him involved the Tyrone Rec Dept's soccer league so Ayden is now registered for the Smart Soccer (designed for 3-4 year olds) program that begins 4/18. He'll have practice/games ever Tuesday and Saturday for 5 weeks. I'm not sure who's more excited...Ayden, me or Mimi! If he does well, he can join the 5 year old league in the fall.

5. The first annual Diva's Scrap Retreat. Two full days (5/2-5/3) of scrapping, eating, drinking and laughing with 4 of my favorite women is definitely something to get excited about. Each one of us will be teaching a class and I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

6. As usual, I always look forward to my children's birthdays. Jameson will be 3 in May, Ayden will be 5 in August and sweet baby Ava turns 1 in November.

6. It's a long ways away, but I'm seriously looking forward to Christmas this year for 2 main reasons. It will be Ava's first Christmas (I don't count last year since she was only a month old) and we'll be celebrating in Orlando. Yes, we're making another family trip to Disney with Mimi and Bumpa. It sort of breaks my rule about being away from home for Christmas, but I think we can make an exception for Mickey Mouse!

Do you have anything that you're looking forward to in 2009?

5 comments:

Nikki S. said...

I'm looking forward to you, Jason & Ava coming home this summer! I'm looking forward to business picking up and maybe being able to buy a new car this year. I'm really looking forward to my cruise in March!

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Yes! I'm looking forward to sitting on the sidelines watching Ayden play soccer. I'm looking forward to Jameson being potty trained so sleepovers will be easier. I'm looking forward to long, lazy summer days spent in the pool and evening cookouts. I'm looking forward to golf cart rides on the path and watching the boys drive their Razr. I'm looking forward to Ava fitting into the cute summer dresses I bought for her. I'm looking forward to cruising the BVI's alone with Doughboy, Mickey Mouse at Christmas, cruising Mexico with my daughter next February, and Alaska in summer 2010. I'm looking forward to retirement...someday.

Judyann said...

Wow, My looking forward to list pales in comparison. I'm just looking forward to Spring Break in Texas, Spring Break in Panama City and a summer beach trip to Satellite Beach in June. Very easy, cheap (except for Panama)and relaxing trips. That's the name of the game this year for the Yeltons.

Judyann said...

Oh my gosh, how could I forget the scrap retreat at Club Rector's?

Chere said...

I am looking forward to the next four days home, alone. A cruise with my aunt, stepmother and cuzs at the end of March. Enjoying time in Fla. and time at home. I truly hope that we spend more time at home this year. The biggest thing I am looking forward to is a simple year with family and friends.