Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Keepin' It Real

12:30am - Pump
3:30am - Ava wakes up for a bottle
4:30am - After more snuggle time than normally necessary, Ava goes back to bed and I pump
5:00am - Hop in shower. Okay, so I didn't exactly hop...it was more of a crawl
6:00am - Pack up bottles, wipes and change of clothes for Ava, breast pump for me and backpacks for the boys
6:30am - Wake up boys with a sippy of juice and Flinstone gummy vitamin. With minimal amount of screaming from Jameson, both boys get dressed and brush their teeth
7:00am - Get the boys shoes and coats on (it was only 16 degrees out this morning!) and shove them out the door to get in the truck
7:10am - Ava is up, diaper changed, dressed and in her carseat
7:30am - All kids are dropped off at Royal Learners and I'm on my way to work
8:00am - Pull into parking lot and make my way across the park
8:30am - Pump
12:00pm - Freeze my ass off while walking across the street to work out
1:00pm - Freeze my ass off while walking back across the street
1:15pm - Pump (note to self - pump before working out)
3:00pm - Realize I'm totally exhausted and decide to take a break to blog

What's in store for the evening?

Pick up kids, go home to pump and make dinner, give all 3 kids a bath, practice alphabet flashcards with Ayden, get boys in bed by 7:30, clean up the kitchen, do a few loads of laundry, awe heck...let's pump again, give Ava a bottle and snuggle, wash bottles and finally pour myself into bed.

Just keepin' it real

3 comments:

Deb said...

and such is the life of a working mom...but you have a lovely family and now a little girl to love and dress in pretty little pink things. it's so much fun...well, after you get to sleep 8 hours again!

Nikki S. said...

Kind of makes you miss the old days, hey?
You know-
7:45am-roll out of bed-with a hang over- brush your teeth and throw on the first thing that doesn't smell like bar
8:00am-start work
12:00pm-lunch
4:30pm-go home to relax and go to bed early
8:00pm- phone rings- going out again!
Just doesn't work that way anymore!!!

Pam said...

That's a lot of pumping! I don't know how you do it! I never realized how easy my life is!