Thursday, September 6, 2007

It's Going To Be A Good Day

So I'm typically a happy, upbeat, extremely emotional person. I know this...I've come to accept this. I cry at commercials and certain songs can turn me into a blubbering fool in my car. I'm not one of those people who depise mornings. Not me, I embrace the morning. There's a whole new day to look forward to. There is always the possiblity that instead of waking up crabby, sassy, whiney or whatever other mood my children may be inflicted with; that they could wake up and be happy, wellbehaved angels. Did I forget to mention that I'm also an optimist?

All of that being said, it's already been one of those really good days. I woke up Ayden and after having a discussion about why it was so naughty of him to push his brother off the bed last night while watching Scooby Doo, he willingly got out of bed to go potty, brush his teeth and get dressed. After settling him on the couch with a sippy and Charlie & Lola (thank you Disney channel), I moved on to Jameson. As soon as I walked in his room I saw this little face with a big grin peek over the railing. Then there was a flop back onto bed with a giggle. I couldn't help but think at that very moment how truly blessed my life is.

I know I'm lucky. I have a wonderful husband, two beautiful children, two adorable puppies and fabulous parents and in-laws. We own a house, have a nice vehicle to drive every day and we have the best sitter in the world for our kids. Would it be nice to have a larger house...of course. Would it be nice to make more money...of course. But we are so fortunate to have the things that we already have. It was only 3 years ago that I felt like my entire world was falling apart and I'm so thanful for the way things have turned out for my family. We are truly so blessed!

With the hectic lives we all seem to live, it's nice to take a moment and soak in all the good things surrounding us. Listen to your children giggle, instead of folding that last load of laundry cuddle with your hubby or read your children a book, cherish the butt slap that you husband just gave you (he still loves you and finds you attractive after pushing out 2 kids)! Enjoy your life and be grateful for the things in it...you only get one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that was deep! lollll

debbie

Anonymous said...

Jamie,
We must be going through that "How far we have come" stage in our life! I have been thinking the same lately at how blessed I am. But if your words did not have everyone think of their own lives, all's I have to say is give each of your family members and extra hug and kiss and be thankful that they are here to spend each waking day with....In rememberance of September 11th and all those who are not here with their family members.

Wendy