Saturday, September 15, 2007

Tree Love

I may not love everything about our house, but I certainly love our trees. Jason may have a different opinion since he's the one that has to rake up the leaves in the fall, but I think they're beautiful.
This is our beautiful black walnut tree. Every other year it produces hundreds of black walnuts that we have to pick up. Fun!


This pine is perfect for our tree swing. Ayden has spent so much time swinging here...Jameson could take it or leave it.












This is our super scary tree. We really have no idea what it is, but we think it's scary because we're convinced that one of these days its going to crash onto our house during a storm. We've seen some pretty big limbs fall off...


What makes it so cool is this weird moss/fern that grows on it. It normally looks brown and dead, but when we get a lot of rain it perks up. We had a pretty violent storm roll through last night so I had to snap these pictures while I have the chance.


You will probably be seeing a few more pictures in and around our house this month. One of my assignments for the Scrap Etc event that I'm going to next April is to take pictures of the things around our house that I want to remember down the road. For those of you who haven't had a chance to visit, this is the perfect opportunity to get glimpse of our home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.