Monday, June 2, 2008

Greek Pasta Salad

This one if for my dear friend Roxanne, who is also expecting. She's having a hard time eating her veggies so I thought this one would be perfect for her...plus it's a good salad for the summer.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3/4 teaspoon white sugar
16oz cooked rotini pasta
3 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
15 cherry tomatoes, halved (I dislike tomatoes so did not add this ingredient)
1 cup sliced red bell pepper
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (if you're not a feta fan, use parmesan or mozzarella instead)
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 4oz can whole black olives (I love olives so doubled this one)
3/4 cup sliced pepperoni, cut into strips

The best part is that you could add even more veggies...cucumbers would be yummy!

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, basil, oregano, black pepper and sugar.
2. Add cooked pasta, mushrooms, tomatoes, red peppers, feta cheese, green onion, olives and pepperoni.
3. Toss until evenly coated. Cover and chill 2 hours or overnight.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Roxanne Schwandt said...

YUMMMM Sounds delicious!! Looks like I'm headed back to the grocery store :) And I LOVE feta cheese, I recently had it in a PChef recipe called Greek Cheese Torta. I'm a cheese-a-holic!

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

The Scrap Club ladies were lucky enough to have sampled this delicious salad yesterday. It was awesome! I was hoping Jamie would have left a small care package for me, but sadly no. I am craving this today and would love a bowl of this salad for lunch. This is a wonderful summer treat.