Tuesday, November 4, 2008

33 Weeks

Ava and I went to see the OB today. I took along my list of concerns:

contractions
pressure
numbness in my left hand
swollen feet but not swollen ankles
sharp shooting pain

All is normal. Yes, they're concerned that I may deliver early so they agree with Dr. Korotkin that I need to limit my walking, bending and crouching. I need to cut back on picking up/carrying Jameson. I definitely can not pick up or carry Ayden which is really not a problem because I think only daddy has the strength to pick that child up! Dr. Dozier and Dr. McSwain both think that baby Ava will be here in 3-4 weeks. I have my next OB appointment on the 17th and we'll start non-stress tests then. I see Dr. Korotkin for another photo shoot of Ava on the 10th.

Basically, we're ready. Ava's room is painted, the new flooring has been installed and the new wood blinds are up. There are fresh sheets on the crib and blankets have been washed. All of her new clothes are washed and either hanging up in the closet or put away in the dresser. We have lotions, bath wash and towels ready to go. The swing has been put together and the bassinet is ready to be put in our room if needed. The breast pump has new batteries and bottles have been washed and are in the cabinet. Diapers, baby wipes and Balmex are waiting by the changing table. Other than some putting some finishing touches on her room (I still need to find a quilt I like), we're well prepared.

BTW - Jameson has his speech evaluation tomorrow at 9am. I spoke with the therapist for some time yesterday and I'm looking forward to hearing her thoughts after the hour long evaluation. If Wanda feels it's necessary, Jameson will also be evaluated by a behavioral therapist next week Monday.

Ayden is doing extremely well with his new glasses. I spoke with his teacher yesterday when I picked the boys up and she said she can already tell a difference in Ayden's work. I'm so relieved we took care of his vision problem early!

Check back tomorrow for days 1 & 2 of A Week In The Life. I'm almost done editing yesterday's pictures and I've already taken a bunch this morning. I'm very determined to see this project through to the end!!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Very exciting! good to know all of your symptoms are normal. Try not sitting on that left hand so it doesn't go numb, OK?
I am babysitting Jack today and he is sooo cute and adorable. It is so much fun!

Roxanne Schwandt said...

I'm glad everything is going well with baby Ava!! Wow you guys sure are ready, helps to have things already by baby #3! We still have lots to get yet. I've been having constant numbness in my right hand and my Dr said it's normal.. just fluid.. My feet, ankles and hands have all swollen. Fun fun. Now I'm down to ONE pair of shoes I can shove my chunkers in.hehe :)

You gotta post about Jameson's progress. I just know he will be on the mend soon after the test results are in and you guys know what he needs. So glad Ayden is adjusting awesomely to his glasses!! he looks so cute! :)