Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday Goodies

I am so happy today is Friday...it's been a long week. I say that every week and every week I mean it. Fridays make me happy, especially now that Jason's big projects have come to a close and we have weekends together as a family. So here's some things that are making me happy today.

1. Even though I haven't been posting my progress, I've been staying on top of our A Week In The Life project. Wednesday I didn't do so well but I managed to get a few meaningful pictures taken during the day. Can't wait to work on assembling everything. I definitely learned something during this project though...it's not about the quality of the photos, it's about getting the photo. Most of my pictures are blurry or where taken in horrible lighting and it really doesn't bother me because I can still tell what was going on in that moment. That's what this project is all about to me.

2. Had fun last night taking the boys to Spirit Night at Taylor Made Tumbling for school. Jason followed Jameson around and I kept track of Ayden. It was insane, but the boys had a ton of fun.

3. I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow at 2pm. I haven't had a haircut since January 21st and it's about time! I have no idea what I want to do so if I find some time today, I'll cruise the internet looking for inspiration.

4. Mimi and Bumpa are taking Ayden to see Madagascar 2 tomorrow night and then he's sleeping over. I love that he looks forward to sleepovers with my parents.

5. The trees are absolutely beautiful...finally! As I was driving in today I was mesmerized by all the different shades of red and yellow. I love fall. It is definitely the most beautiful season.

6. I'm taking a vacation day on Monday. Not because I plan on sitting on my rear doing nothing, but it's going to be a good day. Ava has a photoshoot at 8am and then Jameson has his behavioral evaluation at 10am. Afterwards we're going to set up our plan/goals with the therapist. I'm so excited to have a game plan...something positive to work towards with Jameson instead of feeling lost and confused all of the time.

7. This goes along with #6, but Jason is taking the day off as well. After we drop Jameson off at school, we're going to go have an adult lunch and maybe see a movie. We desperately need some "us" time. If taking some time off from work is how we need to get it accomplished, then so be it.

8. I'm getting excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love the holidays. I love the traditions. I love spending time with my family. This year I really love that we'll have a new baby to enjoy all of these things with. Ava is going to complete our family and I feel so blessed that we get to share our life with her.

Well, that's about it. Despite contractions, exhaustion and swollen ankles; I'm one happy mommy this Friday!

3 comments:

Mama/Baby-Catcher/KellyJellyBelly/KJB/Wifey said...

Great! You keep doing your thing!
BTW, Petra goes to speech therapy -- loves it.

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Can't wait for Ayden's sleepover. You know I have a huge soft spot in my heart for him. He loves getting my undivided attention without his brother around. Yeah, I love it too.

Chere said...

You and Jason should have a wonderful day for the two of you. With little Ava on her way you may not have another chance. Have fun. The trees in Fayette County are so beautiful. Over night the color has just exploded. Have a fun and happy week-end.