Monday, November 17, 2008

Day by Day

Today Ava and I saw the OB for a check up and NST. I was a little surprised to find out that I'm contracting more often than I thought. What I took as just pressure from Ava moving around is actually contraction. Interesting. They also tested me for GBS (vaginal strep) which I tested positive for during both of my other pregnancies. Normally this is treated with an IV antibiotic during labor, but I deliver so quickly that I never got it with the boys.

The end result of this check up is that Ava is doing great, I'm doing great and I could go into labor any day. They're going to check if I'm dilated next week Monday after my ultrasound with Dr. K and we'll we'll have another NST. They keep bringing up a possible induction for the week after Thanksgiving (due to Ava's size starting to take a toll on my kidneys), but I'm just taking it day by day.

We'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Please, Little Ava, please make your arrival on the day after Thansgiving. That gives your Mimi 3 days to spend at home caring for your brothers while you and mommy recover. I can't wait for your arrival! Perhaps we should call you Meredith becuase that's what you'll be -- Merry! (inside joke)

Deb said...

Oh my gosh! Any day now? How absolutely exciting! I can't wait to hear the exciting news about Ava's arrival. You are in my prayers.

Chere said...

Mimi, I am so glad you are home. I was on pins and needles all week-end. Little Ava, wait until it warms up a little. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers.