Thursday, August 9, 2007

Baked Chicken Nuggets

I don't know about the rest of you, but I LOVE to cook. I mean it! I just get sick of making the same things over and over again. I'm always searching for new recipes and love to use my family as guinea pigs. If something passes the taste inspection, I'll be sure to share the recipe here.

So I mentioned in my previous post that Ayden had a huge meal last night. It definitely had something to do with this new recipe that I found for baked chicken nuggets. Baked would imply healthy, but I think coating the chicken in butter first sort of screws that up.

Ingredients:
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon dried basil
1/2 cup butter, melted

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut chicken breasts into 1 1/2 inch size pieces. In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, cheese, thyme and basil. Mix well. Put melted butter in a bowl for dipping.
3. Dip chicken pieces into melted butter first, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Place well coated chicken pieces on a lightly greased cookie sheet in a single layer and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.

That's it! They're delicious!!!


No comments: