Tuesday, August 28, 2007

One Proud Mama

Today is Ayden's first day of school! He was such a big boy!! We dropped Jameson off at ReeRee's (he was a little miffed about being left alone) and headed to McDonalds for breakfast. After chowing down his Big Breakfast, Ayden announced that it was time to go to school. I had been staring at him the entire time he was eating wondering how it's possible that my baby is ready for school...backpack and all!

Once we got to Flat Creek, Ayden would only allow me to take one picture of him outside. He was soooo ready to get inside and meet his new friends. He hung his backpack on his hook and then raced into the classroom. He immediately went up to this little boy playing in the sand and said "Hi, I Ayden" and then started playing with him. Over by the blocks I asked for a hug and kiss goodbye. I told him to be nice to his friends, be sure to share and to tell Ms. Elaine when he had to go potty. He put his hand on my cheek and said "It okay if you go now mommy". The floodgates almost opened in front of everyone. I told him that I was going to go home and pick him up at noon. He barely even heard me because he was racing to the next thing to explore.
I balled my eyes out as soon as I got in the car, called Jason who laughed at me and then called my mom who was more sympathetic to my needs. As soon as I walked in the door, ReeRee was calling to see how "her boy" did. Just an example of how much both ReeRee and David love my boys, she told me that David was actually jealous that I got to take him to his first day of school. He can't wait until tomorrow when he gets to drop him off.

So, after I've dried my tears and look back on my already eventful morning...I'm one proud mama!

No comments: