Friday, August 31, 2007

You've Got To Be Kidding Me!

So as my mom, the boys and I ate our gourmet meal last night of velveeta shell & cheese with smoked sausage, our power went out. There was a storm coming in and we could hear the thunder but it seemed like the storm was still far off and it wasn't overly windy or raining yet.

Jason was working on the plumbing for my parent's new pool house so we all decided to head over there and see how things were going. When I got home around 7pm, the power was still out. I noticed my neighbor across the street was outside and it sounded like he was running a generator. He too was without power and pointed out that the transformer next to our driveway had blown up. It had blasted the tree next to it and there were tree parts everywhere. Great!!!! So as my neighbor is keeping his house lit and his refrigerator running, I'm running around our house in the dark packing up clothes for me and the boys so we can spend the night at my mom's. I called Jason to inform him of our latest disaster and he volunteered to stay home and make sure the power company did their job. I called him this morning around 6am and he said he had woken up around 3am to lights on everywhere and the TV blaring. Thank you to the Coweta-Fayette EMC for FINALLY getting our power working again.

I took a shower at my mom's dropped the boys off and raced home to apply some makeup to my exhausted looking face. I was barely running late...maybe 10 minutes. Amazing! If it hadn't been for the accident with injuries just 2 exits away from mine, I probably would have been on time. Gotta love ATL traffic!!!

The bright side of this whole ordeal is that we have the next 3 days to spend together as a family (Jason has been working obscene hours lately) I should've known better. I just got off the phone with Jason who lovingly informed me that he's working tomorrow and Monday. So much for the 3 days of quality family time. But being the understanding, supportive wife that I am, I will continue to look on the bright side...at least we have Sunday.

All I can hope for now is an enjoyable weekend with the boys and hopefully nothing too crazy happens. I could use boring at this point.

Happy Labor Day!

No comments: