Thursday, August 16, 2007

One Of Those Moods

Apparently I'm in one of those self-examinating moods today. Wanting to be a better person...wanting to be a better wife....wanting to be a better mommy. Sometimes I feel like I'm doing everything right but I could still be doing more. Is it just the perfectionist in me? I'm trying so hard to enjoy the simple things in my life...find joy in the routine of my family. I can already see the positive changes in Ayden simply because I'm taking the time to enjoy our life to the fullest. No more later on, no more maybe tomorrow. Keeping our life in order should not take priority over hugging my babies or having a tickle session on the living room floor.

Before I continue these rambling thoughts that may or may not make sense, I'll leave you with this truly inspiring quote. I'm sure some of you have seen this before, but it never hurts to be reminded.

"People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered... forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives... be kind anyway
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies... succeed anyway
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you... be honest and frank anyway
What you may spend years building, someone may destroy overnight... build anyway
If you find serenity and happiness, people may be jealous... be happy anyway
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow... do good anyway
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough... give the world the best you have anyway
You see, in the final analysis, it's all between you and God... it was never between you and them anyway"
- Mother Theresa

No comments: