Thursday, August 30, 2007

Week #1

Well, today wraps up Ayden's first week of school. I called ReeRee yesterday around 1:30 to make sure everything went smoothly with David taking/picking up Ayden. Apparently Ayden practically jumped out of the car when they got to Flat Creek because he was so excited to be there. Then he let out a high pitched "DAAAAAVID" when he say David in ReeRee's car waiting for him at noon. Thursday's are Spirit Day at Flat Creek so Ayden got to wear his Flat Creek Preschool T-shirt today and it's also show & tell. Each Thursday for show & tell they assign a color and/or letter. Today it was red so Ayden brought his Lilo & Stitch spaceship that he got at Disney World 2 years ago.

So do you remember way back when you were in elementary school and they had the book fair? I LIVED for the book fair. Every year I would bring home the flyer and show my mom all of the books that I wanted. It was so much fun! They're having a book fair at Flat Creek in September so last night I looked over the Scholastic flyer 3 times. Wow, the memories that brought back! Needless to say, I can't wait until the book fair. New reading material!


I am really ready for fall. I'm so over this drought and the soaring temperatures. A cold front came through this weekend so we're back down in the high 80's but I'm ready for the brisk mornings, sweatshirts and tennis shoes of fall. This weekend kicks off our fall festivals. On Saturday we're heading to the Powers Crossroads festival. I remember going last year when Jameson was only 4 months old!


On Sunday Ayden and I are checking out a new church. I've heard fabulous things about Christ our Shepherd so I'm pretty excited. I'm leaving Jameson at home with daddy until I can scope out the nursery and see how Ayden likes Sunday school. It's a pretty church but much larger than I'm used to.



Other than that, all is well. Jason has been working some long hours this week (what else is new) but that usually means the house stays clean. I'm looking forward to having Monday off and pray the weather is nice so we can fit in some pool time. There's a chance for rain all weekend but the weather is so crazy down here we probably won't see a drop. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!


No comments: