Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Conversation With Ayden

This is a conversation I had with Ayden last night at bedtime.

Mommy: Goodnight baby. I love you more than the stars and the moon.

Ayden: I love you too.

(I started to close the door while holding Jameson)

Ayden: Wait. Mommy, can I tell you something?

Mommy: Sure buddy what's up?

Ayden: I love you more. (Tears started swelling up in my eyes)

Mommy: That's impossible love...mommy started loving you before you were even born.

Ayden: Hmmmm...okay then. Sweet dreams mommy. (At this point I would have let him stay up an extra half hour with a big bowl of ice cream)

(I started to close the door again before I began blubbering like a fool in front of my kids)

Ayden: Good night brother...sweet dreams too.

Jameson: Nigh, Nigh...as he's waving goodbye.

There are times that I worry they're going to kill eachother, and then there are times like this. They make my heart overflow with love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... Thanks for sharing. How precious!

Anonymous said...

Here's MY conversation with Ayden. We were sitting on the couch side-by-side. I should add that he was watching Sponge-Bob Squarepants.

Mimi: Ayden, I love you.

Ayden: (no response)

Mimi: Ayden, your Mimi loves you very much.

Ayden: (no response)

Mimi: Ayden, could I have a kiss?

Ayden: (sigh) No.

Mimi: Awww, c'mon Ayden. I'll just DIE if I don't get a kiss.

Ayden: (no response)

Mimi: Could I just give you a kiss on your cheek?

Ayden: (exasperated) NO! I watching Pun-Bob.

I was dismissed by a 3-year-old!
I never did get a kiss.