Monday, January 28, 2008

I Want To Become A Pioneer Woman

I'm beyond addicted to Pioneer Woman's blog. Her writing style is superb and she weaves a fabulous tale. I decided to go back to the beginning and read her story of how she and Marlboro Man hooked up. Big mistake. This story has completely sucked me in and has taken up hours of my day. Even knowing that I'm should be spending this time doing something productive like playing with the boys, cleaning a bathroom or folding a load of laundry...I can't tear myself away from the computer.
Let me back up just a bit. Today was my doctor appointment that would hopefully solve the mystery of my blurred vision. After waiting 1 1/2 hours to see the doctor (someone had a seizure while getting their blood drawn which took up my doctor's precious time), 15 vials of blood and an appointment for an MRI next week; I know nothing more than I did when I walked in the door. By the time I left, it would've been a waste of time and gas to go into work. I went home and decided to weed through the very large box of photographs I've been collecting since high school. Not knowing what to do with myself after that, I decided to see if Pioneer Woman had posted anything new today. This led me to reading her tale about meeting Marlboro Man. It took everything I had to leave my computer so I could pick up the boys. I fed them a gourmet meal of shaved turkey, string cheese and Cheetos. This was the quickest thing I could think of that also required little clean up. I stuck their butts in the bath and unwillingly sang Old McDonald about a dozen times. This is not me! I love bath time...I love singing with the boys! I look forward to sniffing their clean little heads before tucking them into bed. Thoughts of what happens next between Pioneer Woman and Marlboro Man kept me preoccupied. Even as I type, they are on the couch tucked under a blanket watching Scooby Doo. I'm a bad mama.

To make myself feel a little better I'm going to post some pictures of the boys. I took these earlier tonight during one of my feelings of guilt. I have such cute little munchkins! After they are in bed, I'm going to pick up where I left off...Marlboro Man just asked Ree to not move to Chicago. Be still my heart!
Jameson playing with the grinder on our fireplace. Normally this would not be allowed.

Ayden trying to unscrew the fireplace doors...again, normally this is not allowed.

Jameson is giving me the "look at me being naughty - aren't you going to spank me" look.

Not even the attempt to "fix" my vacuum cleaner could tear me away from Pioneer Woman. I'm just not sure if it will ever suck up dirt again.

Ayden's slippers crack me up. He's trying to be a "workin' man" with SpongeBob on his feet. Too Funny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also completely addicted- thank you very much! I'm not as far as you are I'm only up to November 2006, but I find myself reading it at work and saying "just one more" and realizing that I just read another month!!!

Jamie Payne said...

I'm glad you like it! All of her stories are so funny!! It's nice to know that there are more klutzy people out there like me:)