Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Goodbye 2007, Hello 2008

2007 was such a good year, it's difficult to say goodbye. I feel like our little family made so much progress during the last 12 months so it's exciting to think of what's next for us. Just a little recap of major things that happened with the Payne family:

1. Jamie took a trip to Hawaii without Jason or the boys. Had a fabulous time with Mimi exploring new territory and learning new techniques for our obsession...err...hobby.

2. Ayden became potty trained in a month. He still wears a pull up at night, but sometimes wakes up dry. Good job little man!

3. Jamie turned 30! For some reason I thought I'd wake up a changed person...physically...mentally...something. But what I learned is that I'm happy where I am in my life so "30" is just a number.

4. Jameson turned 1. Our little goober was walking by 10 months so this was a fun time for us. Still can't believe how fast they grow!

5. Mimi and Bumpa moved to a new house. It was actually hard on me. I didn't grow up in that house or have a life time of memories there, but some really great stuff happened in that house so it wasn't easy to say goodbye. They met Jason in that house, I had one of Ayden's baby showers there, my mom introduced me to scrapping in the spare bedroom, Ayden learned to crawl and go up stairs...just some really good stuff. I love the new house though and am excited to start some new memories.

6. Jason seriously kicked butt at Patriot and got a little promotion. I'm so proud of his dedication to his job and the way he supports his family. I love you bunny!

7. We had our first family vacation at the beach. Words can not describe how much we needed it or how much fun it was. I'm looking forward to doing something like that again every year.

8. Jamie officially went off of Prednisone in April (I had been taking it for almost 4 years straight) and hasn't had to take it since. This is one of my favorite accomplishments!

Now we're on to a new year and new experiences. I really took 2007 to look at my life. What are my goals, what type of person/mother/wife do I want to be, what's truly most important? I certainly found a lot of areas that need improvement and I see 2008 as the year to act. I feel like as a family, we can do anything!

Some New Years resolutions:
1. Go back on diet!
2. Continue working on my patience with the boys.
3. Do not make Jason feel guilty for all of his time at work and away from us. Remember that he's doing it for our family.
4. Take a family trip to Wisconsin. No matter how long it's for, it's just important that we're there.
5. Find a babysitter so that Jason and I can have more time together. Maybe a monthly date night?
6. Scrap a layout every week. I'd love to have a family album that shows "something" from all 52 weeks in the year 2008. This one is going to be hard, but I'm determined!
7. Put more pictures on the blog. This means taking more and finding the time to not only download them but also post them. Another difficult one.

Do you have any good resolutions for 2008? Any special memories that really stick out from 2007? Please share!

Happy 2008 everyone! I hope this year brings you lots of love, happiness and memorable experiences!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am jonesing for pictures so move number 7 to the top and good luck with the rest!