Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My Word

I feel like I need to address something before I talk about "my word"....I'm failing in my resolution #7. It's because of circumstances that I can't control though. When Jason bought my new bookshelves for Christmas, we ended up totally rearranging my scrap area. It looks so much more open now. But the place where the printers worked out the best is sort of far away from our PC. We have 6ft USB cables and need more like 10ft. Bumpa is going to see what he can snag from work this week and if he can't find anything long enough, we're heading to Best Buy first thing Saturday morning. What do the printers have anything to do with me not posting pictures on the blog??? That's how I download pictures from my memory card...through our all-in-one printer. So I promise that as soon as I'm up and running again, I'll have pictures to post.

Now, onto my word. My word for 2008 is sort of like my mantra. SIMPLIFY. Doesn't it sound great?

My 2007 word was FIND. I think I really succeeded there. I found out more about myself, found a routine that works for me and the boys, found a way to make more money at work without a promotion (still working on achieving that though) and I found contentment in my place in life.

So for 2008 I want to SIMPLIFY. As a family, we really need to get back to the basics and SIMPLIFY our life (and home) before things become even more crazy. I keep thinking that in the fall Ayden starts Pre-K. This means that I'll have the boys in 2 different locations during the day(2 different drop offs and pick ups) and we'll have school activities to make room for. We also want to get Ayden involved in karate and soccer. Basically, our life is going to become even more hectic, so now is my time to SIMPLIFY. I need to get organized!

Does anyone else have a "word" or mantra that they're going to follow for 2008? I just love this concept...I feel like it gives me a goal that I can work the entire year on!

Until next time...

3 comments:

Nikki S. said...

I think my word is going to be Relax! Relax as in calm down, don't let things get to you, lower your blood pressure AND Relax as in put your feet up, take an afternoon nap (only on weekends), lounge around in your p.j's if you want!

Anonymous said...

You have no more excuses... the excuse well has run dry. Pete gave you a cable for your printer equipment. We're ready to see some photos. Please????

Anonymous said...

My word is going to be SMILE because no matter what happens in life, we need to remind ourselves to SMILE and find a positive flip of any given situation. Perhaps I could learn something from myself and engage life's challenges.