Thursday, January 31, 2008

Back To Normal

The sweet moments between my boys are so far and few between. After posting that wondeful bedtime conversation, I have to admit that sort of stuff just doesn't happen very often. This morning we were back to normal.

After getting dressed and brushing teeth, I told the boys to go sit on the couch with their sippies. I had just finished telling Ayden that if he was a very good boy today, that he could play with his Smart Cycle when we got home. He LOVES his Smart Cycle. Anyway, as I'm walking into the living room I witness little Jameson attempting to get on the couch next to his brother and Ayden kicking his foot out, nailing Jameson in the head and knocking him back a couple of feet. Just because he didn't want to share the couch. Ayden got a nice talking to and then was told he wouldn't be allowed to play with his Smart Cycle today. That brought on the the tears, sobbing, runny nose, whining and pleading for forgiveness. Being the very mean mommy that I am, I simply ignored him and told him that he had to suffer the consequences of karate chopping his brother in the head.

Last week, I had the boys sitting on the couch with their sippies while I finished getting ready for the day. Next thing I know, Ayden is screaming and crying while clutching his face. When I asked what happened he said they were watching TV and Jameson decided to smack Ayden in the face with his sippy cup. Jeeze! Right across the nose! Maybe I should wait until we're leaving the house before giving them their sippy cups:)

In other news, Jason still isn't home from Alabama. After leaving on Sunday, he was supposed to get back Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, but Richard (loser hick from Griffin) bailed on the trip because he got into a fight with his wife...who then took off with her sister...leaving Richard home alone with their newborn daughter. Seriously! Richard and his wife would be perfect for the Jerry Springer Show. Jason ended up doing all of the work himself and called last night to tell me he didn't think it was safe for him to drive because he's so exhausted. My poor bunny.

I feel bad for dumping Jason with the boys on Sunday when he's had such a horrible week, but mommy needs some mommy time. The divas only meet once a month and I NEED that time away. For 6 hours I don't have to change diapers, feed children, pick up their messes or do housework. I need those 6 hours to get through the other 714 each month.

I must run for now. I still have sort paystubs, update the commission schedule, prepare the payroll JE and do the withholding recons. Sounds like fun, huh? At least I have my hour at the TAC (Turner Athletic Club) to look forward to...insert sarcastic chuckle!

No comments: