Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wednesday

It's Wednesday, but I sure wish it were Friday.

I have an appointment on Monday to see my new PCP (primary care physician). She's my mom's PCP and if mom likes her, I know I'll like her. Anything is a vast improvement over my old PCP! I've been experiencing some blurred vision and dizziness for the past 6 days and it's starting to concern me. I went to see the eye doctor yesterday and he gave me a clean bill of health. Still no need for glasses and the hydroxychloroquin that I take for my Lupus still hasn't damaged my retina. So, I'm off to see Dr. Danforth on Monday to find out what the heck is wrong with me. Blurred vision while driving is not something that I'd recommend. I'm sure it will be something simple, but my over-active imagination has kicked into high gear because of this. Before too long, I'll have myself convinced that I'm dying of a brain tumor. As for now, I looked up the symptoms of anemia:
  • Weakness and fatigue are the most common symptoms of even mild anemia. Even iron deficiency without anemia can reduce working capacity in some people. check
  • Lightheadedness or dizziness check
  • Headache check
  • Irritability and other mood disturbances check check
  • Mental confusion ummmm...yup
  • Loss of sexual drive just ask Jason

Shit! Apparently I've been anemic for a couple of years now but the dizziness just kicked in a week ago!!

Anyway, I just had one of my "episodes" as I like to call them so I'm treating myself to a chocolate covered potato chip to boost moral. Jason was supposed to leave for Alabama again on Thursday but has postponed his trip to next week in order to cater to Mr. Tyler Perry. That man bought his personal trainer a new Land Rover for Christmas....what about his personal plumber? Still, I'm relieved that Jason is closer to home this week.


We took the boys to the Atlanta Motorcycle Show this weekend at the GWCC (across from my office) and had a great time. The boys and I were much more interested in seeing the different ATV's. I think Ayden sat on every single one of them! I have pictures to post after I get them downloaded tonight. I fell in love with the Yamaha Rhino. OMG! They look like so much fun!! I can totally see me and the boys cruising around in that thing:)

I've been working on simplifying our life a bit more...actually only mine. I figured out that I really do enjoy cleaning and doing laundry, but it's not something that I can easily get done in just one or two days start to finish. When it seems so overwhelming I tend to just not do it. So I'm working on it a little every night. Dust a room here, wash a floor there, throw in a load of laundry and bam! I feel like I'm accomplishing something. I've also started making the beds every morning and picking up the living room and kitchen before I go to bed at night. I've also made a promise to myself that as I fold laundry, I will put it away...immediately. Wow! What a difference this has made already!! My scrap area is definitely the exception though. That is going to require a solid day of organizing and cleaning...without interference from the boys.

Until tomorrow....

No comments: