Monday, April 7, 2008

Birthdays, birthdays and more birthdays!

I love birthdays!

First of all, today is my very dear friend's birthday. Everyone say it with me...Happy Birthday Erin! Erin is Jameson's Godmother and one of my BFFs. I miss her so much since moving to Georgia. We've actually known each other since elementary school, but rekindled our friendship after I moved back to Wisconsin in 2000. She's such a genuine person and we never fail to have fun when we are together.

To keep with the birthday theme, we celebrated another good friend's birthday on Sunday during Scrap Club. Pam made the most beautiful cookies that looked like hats and also made a birthday cake for Judy that was in the shape of a hat. We had decided on a girlie tea party theme for this month's meeting. We had cucumber sandwiches, chicken and tuna salad with crackers, a beautiful pasta salad and a fruit salad with a sinful dip. The only thing missing was the tea and the sun so we could dine al fresco. Judy's birthday isn't until the 25th, but this is the only time that we're all together in April. Next week we'll celebrate again at the Scrap Etc event in Nashville with me, Judy, Chere and my mom. I am sooooo excited about Scrap Etc. Not only the 4 days away from home (I desperately need a little break) but to spend those 4 days doing what I love most with some of the people I love most. I haven't really done any of the homework for the event but am not overly concerned. I'm going to have fun and that's all that matters!

Back to birthday's. Did you know that one month from today my little goober will be turning 2? I can't believe it! On one hand, it seems like it was just yesterday that we were bringing our new baby home from the hospital. On the other hand...he's still such a baby!! To celebrate Jameson's upcoming birthday on May 7th, I'll be posting a picture of him each day from the past 23 months. Fun! So here's the first picture...

Announcing Jameson Bradley Payne! Born May 7th 2006 at 8:55pm. Weighing in at 5lbs 7oz. Wasn't he soooo little??

No comments: