Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Please, please, please slow down!

I just don't know what's been going on lately, but life has been crazier than normal. Most of it is work related.

Next week begins our 2007 audit. I've been working like a mad woman to make sure that I have all of my payroll/benefits stuff ready by the time I leave work tomorrow since I'll be off Thursday and Friday for the Scrap Etc. Event.

I guess that sort of leads up to my next stress contributor. I have laundry to finish and grocery shopping to do. I haven't even started to pack...clothes or scrap supplies. I'm trying to make this as easy on Jason as possible so I want everything to be perfect when I leave. I'm very relieved that our dear friend Judy who will be traveling with us has gotten most of the supplies together for all of us. If she needed to order a white journaling pen, she ordered 4. I love her. Remember all that "homework" that I mentioned they were assigning to us to get ready for our classes??? I've done NONE of it.

Next week (our first week of audit) is another short week for me. I'm taking a half day on Thursday because of the Keith/Carrie concert with my mom that night and then we both took off on Friday because who the heck wants to go to work after getting about 4 hours of sleep. Since I would normally transmit payroll on Friday, I have to transmit on Wednesday (this is also to help out my boss who is going to Costa Rica the following week) and get the bulk of my month-end recons/entries done on Thursday before I leave. Yahoo! I'm getting tired just thinking about it.

The last week of April is another doozy. Our building is going through a "space planning" thing and most of the departments are relocating to other areas of the building. I'm one of them. I'm moving upstairs to the Centennial Olympic Park side of the building. So that week I'll be cleaning out my office and packing up. I have to be completely ready for the movers by end of day on Thursday. They've given us Friday off because our stuff may or may not have been moved yet. You want to know the best part (this is said very sarcastically)...my office will be right across from our CFO. So not only do I do all of the payroll, benefit billing, benefit enrollments, support our HR director; I will now be considered support for our CFO. No, I'm not just jumping to conclusions. He's already taking advantage of our situation by giving me certain tasks to perform. Who says no to the CFO though? Seriously, the do not pay me enough.

Remember that CPP exam I was soooo excited to take because it would mean a nice little pay increase? Well, that is probably not going to happen because the testing window closes at the end of April and I am so not prepared to take the exam. My boss wants me to take it anyway because she is fabulous and has so much confidence that I'll pass, but I'm really not ready. I haven't had the time to study at work like I thought I would. Too much has been going on. I will probably postpone taking the exam until the fall so I can take the summer to study.

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much for letting me get all of that off my chest...not like you really had choice since this is my blog. But still, thank you.

I'm really looking forward to all of our out of town company in May. You may think that's insane after everything that I've got coming up in next couple of weeks, but I'm seriously looking forward to it. When my parents or Jason's parents are here, there is less chaos at home. The boys aren't constantly tugging at me to this or do that or take them somewhere or give them a sippy or get them a snack. The grandparents just sort of take over in that area! And when Debbie (my MIL) is here, she cooks, does laundry and keeps the house nice and tidy. It's almost like a chorus of angels start to sing every time I walk through the door!! I find I have more time to play with the boys since there is less "other" stuff to do.

So the bottom line is that if I can just get through the next 2 1/2 weeks, I'll be fine:)

I can't leave without posting a picture of Jameson. Can you believe I'm actually keeping up with this??? I certainly can't!

This picture is from Christmas 06. I love this picture because it's the stereotypical "mouth-wide-open-eyes-bulging-out" photo that we all have of ourselves when we were babies. Jameson was a little overwhelmed with all the hoopla of present opening.

No comments: