Friday, September 5, 2008

Beyond Blessed

Wow. I hadn't realized until today that I've been posting on this blog for over a year now! My first post was on 8/8/07. Jameson had just turned 1 and Ayden's 3rd birthday was right around the corner. That was also around the time when Jason and I started arguing about adding to our family. I was so sure that I would never feel new life in me again.

Now look at us! Jameson is a 2 year old potty training machine and big boy Ayden just turned 4 years old and started "real" school. And then there's the new life getting bigger and bigger inside of me every day. I am seriously so blessed! I have a husband who tells me he loves me at least 10 times every day, still chases me around the house to pinch my butt (despite it's growth after the birth/pregnancy of above mentioned children) and works very hard to support us and make sure we're happy. I have my two little boys with such different personalities that sometimes it's hard to keep up with them. They add so much to our family though and I love watching them grow and learn. And then there's this new little person who will be joining the hectic Payne family in December. I can't wait to see her, touch her and...okay...dress her! I feel like it's only fair that if she gets to kick me for 4 months, I get to use her as my personal Barbie doll.

We have also gotten very lucky with Ayden's school this year. He loves Royal Learners and has so much to tell me every night when I pick him up. Today he starts karate class and next week he starts soccer. I love that we have the option to pay for these extra classes during the day (thanks for helping Mimi & Bumpa!). The con is that I don't get to watch him practice and grow at these sports but the pro is that they're not cutting into our home time. Now if only they offered swim lessons....

So life may be hectic (who's isn't?) but when I stop to take a good look around me, I know that I'm beyond blessed.

1 comment:

Pam said...

What a great post. Yes, you are blessed but based on what I know about you - you deserve every blessing. How fabulous that extra classes are offered at Royal Learners! Karate - great way to burn off excess energy! I'm looking forward to seeing that little Barbie Doll!!! I'm guessing there will be a lot more posts of your cuties to look forward to. Mimi and the Divas are very excited!