Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Getting Focused

Why is this so difficult for me? I have the entire day to study at home. This is my last day to prepare for the CPP exam tomorrow and I need to pass. So why am I wandering around the house looking for something else to do?

I just called Comcast (cable company) because our bedroom cable box hasn't been working for about 3 months and I still need to call the EMC (electric company) about a utility light in our driveway that hasn't worked since we moved in. I'd like to get up to the attic and find my cooler weather maternity clothes. While I'm up there, I may as well start hauling down tubs of baby clothes and figure out what baby Ava can wear without looking like a little boy. I need to ship Jason's Xbox so that it can be fixed and I'd like to find another pair of jeans at Motherhood Maternity.

Where's the study time in all of that? There is none. So I need to put all of the above to the back of my mind and finish the PayTrain module on calculation of involuntary deductions. Sounds like fun, huh?

Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Chere said...

Jamie, Good luck on your test tomorrow. I know how long you have been working on this. My thoughts are with you today and tomorrow. GGGGooooooodddddd LLLLuuuucccckkkk!

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

What you need is a mommy fix. Just get your little butt down here and let Mumsy take you to lunch...and a little shopping at Motherhood Maternity. See ya soon!

Jamie Payne said...

Thanks for the mommy fix! A few fish tacos for lunch and some new fall preggie clothes and I feel a lot better. I'm still not motivated to study, but at least I have a new cute pair of jeans!!

Roxanne Schwandt said...

Jeans are on sale right now at Motherhood Maternity! They have the best jeans! I totally know exactly what is going thru your mind... about tieing up loose ends, getting stuff done that's been sitting around, doing whatever you can and constantly moving/keeping busy. There's so much to do before baby comes! This is called NESTING. We are both NESTING! I totally scrubbed my bathroom this weekend... you could eat off the floor. I just have one tote of misc junk left in the baby's room to do something with. so yeah, go NESTING stage! but you should STUDY,too. good luck!! :)

Mama/Baby-Catcher/KellyJellyBelly/KJB/Wifey said...

I am sending good thoughts your way. "C" is the most common answer in a multiple choice question. It's the only thing I learned from my statistics class in college. Go get 'em!

Pam said...

Good Luck today on your test! I know you will do well. And...love the comment about "C" being the most common answer on a multiple choice test. I'll have to remember that! It's so nice that bloggers look out for each other! Go get em today!