Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My body can't sit still even when I want it to....

Last night I wasn't feeling my best. I think I may have some sort of stomach virus that's working itself out of my system right now. So after making dinner, cleaning the kitchen, bathing the boys and getting backpacks ready for this morning I plopped my butt down on the couch for a 5 minute breather. Ayden and Jameson were already in their room watching their 15 minutes of Scooby Doo before bedtime. I'm sure that if I had closed my eyes, I would have fallen asleep immediately.

As my body was slowly starting to relax I heard a little boy's breathing to my left. I opened an eyeball and found Ayden staring down at me.

Me: What's up buddy?
Ayden: I want to be by you. (He's been saying this a lot lately)
Me: Let's snuggle for a few minutes before bedtime.

Ayden got all snuggled in next to me with his head on my belly. I had the TV off so I heard nothing but his sweet breathing and there was no movement except for me running my fingers through his hair. All was calm. Next thing I know he bolted up and was looking at me with a very perturbed look on his face.

Ayden: SIT STILL!
Me: Baby, I'm not moving.
Ayden: I was talking to my sister, duh.

Hmmmm. I guess I had been enjoying the moment with Ayden so much that I didn't even notice that Ava was bouncing around in my belly like a gymnast. Apparently the need to be by me was now gone because he got up and pouted his way to bed. Oh well, it's not like I can help it:)

5 comments:

Deb said...

What a sweet post today! Ayden has validation that his baby sister Ava is alive and kickin!!

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Oh my! It's a good thing there is no one in either office next to me today. I was cackling loudy over this conversation. Too funny!

Pam said...

Jamie, your posts are just delightful! I don't even know those boys but I love them anyway. They are obviously gifted!

Roxanne Schwandt said...

That is too funny!! :) I love Ayden conversations!

Chere said...

I love your post. They remind me of life with sweet little kids. Ayden is wise beyond his years.