Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Weight Gain Estimator

My friend, Roxanne, sent this link to me yesterday after she read my depressing post. Here are the results to my Weight Gain Estimator....

You should gain roughly 15-25 lbs. during your pregnancy. Over the last two trimesters you should gain about 2.6 lbs. every 4 weeks.

How it breaks down - If you gained the average of range above, this is where the weight would go (totals are rounded):

Maternal:
Uterus 1.33 lbs.
Breasts 0.55 lbs. (Um, they have this one waaaaay underestimated)
Blood 1.71 lbs.
Water 2.3 lbs.
Fat 4.59 lbs.
Subtotal 10.48 lbs.

Fetal:
Fetus 7.5 lbs. (Apparently they don't know about my love for pushing out babies no larger than 6.5 lbs)
Placenta 0.89 lbs.
Amniotic Fluid 1.09 lbs.
Subtotal 9.48 lbs.

Total 19.96 lbs. (I'd prefer to keep it between 15 and 17 thank you very much)

BTW - Our benefits administrator was in yesterday to process a new eligible employee. After our meeting regarding 2009's open enrollment, she took me to lunch at Taco Mac. What I really wanted to do was drown my sorrows in beer, but settled for the loaded nachos. This is an appetizer and could easily feed a family of 10. I put down half of it and ate the rest for breakfast this morning. And I wonder why I'm constantly suffering from heartburn! I think my pittyfest is now over and I'll be making my usual appearance at Turner Athletic Club today.

Look for pictures tomorrow!

4 comments:

Roxanne Schwandt said...

See, so the estimator makes ya feel a little better, doesn't it? So it's a little off on some of it's calculations, like the boobs for #1 I totally know, and the size of the babe, but for the most part, it estimates everything else high, so as long as we both stay within their low range, we're good to go! now go ahead and have another taco feast for lunch today ;)

Deb said...

Are you craving nachos? This is the second post in which you talk about nachos. Now I want nachos!

If you watched Tori and Dean, there was an episode where she gained 11 pounds in one month! She was so cute and brave to broadcast that on tv. And you are brave to share your weight gain on this blogging media!

Nachos for breakfast?

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Have nachos replaced buds as a breakfast food choice? You know how I love my buds. Don't fret over the weight gain. 1) You look TERRIFIC! and 2) little Ava needs her nourishment.

Pam said...

And...what if you have weight gain and YOU AREN'T PREGNANT!!!??? I can't seem to stop eating - it's as if I were eating for 2...or 3, but alas...just me! I'm sure you look wonderfully healthy and you should feel proud of yourself for continuing to work out! What a great influence!