Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Little Things They Do

Here are just a few of the cute things the boys do that make me so happy I'm a mommy:
  1. After Jameson got dressed this morning, he put his winter hat on (backwards) and walked around with Ayden's SpongeBob slippers on. Too cute!
  2. Ayden HAS to sleep with all of his "friends" at night. If he goes to bed and one of them are missing, he makes me find it.
  3. Every night at dinner Ayden tells me who his friends are at school and what they did that day. Apparently Randy is not a very well behaved little girl since Ayden tells me he can't be her friend because she's always naughty. That's right buddy...stay away from the bad ones!
  4. As soon as I say it's time for a bath, Jameson immediately strips off his pants. It doesn't matter where he is. Next the diaper is torn off and then he struggles with the shirt. Once he's naked he runs around the house laughing hysterically until I finally catch him and dump him in the tub.
  5. I love how Ayden rides his 4wheeler. When he goes around the corner, he totally leans to the side like the pros do. The other day he leaned over too far and dumped the thing over. Good thing daddy had just gotten home work so he could rescue Ayden.
  6. Jameson only likes the small stuffed animals. The smaller the better. His favorites are the freebies that come in a McDonalds happy meal. He likes them small because he sucks his thumb with the same hand holding his "friend". It's too much work if the friend is big.
  7. I love the way the boys dance to Scooby Doo. When the theme song comes on at the beginning and end, they both get up from the couch and dance around the living room.
  8. Their favorite movie is Scooby Doo and the Witches Ghost, starring the Hex Girls. When the Hex Girls sing their first song, Ayden sings along at the top of his lungs and plays the air guitar. When the song is over Jameson screams out a big "Yeeeeaaaaahhhh" and claps his hands. Makes me melt every time.
  9. When Jameson is naughty and I have to discipline him (which is often), he runs crying to his brother for comfort. Ayden holds him tight and says "It's okay brudder". After Jameson is done crying, he rests his head on Ayden's lap. I love that Jameson goes to his brother for comfort...I hope it never ends.
  10. I have to admit, I love it that Jameson makes his way to our room every morning between 3 and 4. I lift him into bed, he snuggles in close to me and falls back asleep. By the time I'm out of my shower, he's migrated across the bed and plastered himself against Jason. He's such a lover!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love to read the stories of your lives. Thank you!