Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Rempel Family Meatloaf

I have no idea who the Rempel's are, but they make a mean meatloaf! I used to make the standard meatloaf, but once I made this tasty version there was no going back.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
1/2 cup crushed butter round crackers
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 (1oz) package dry onion soup mix
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons steak sauce

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  2. Mix the ground beef, crushed crackers, cheddar cheese and onion soup mix in a large bowl until well combined.
  3. Wisk the eggs, ketchup and steak sauce in a seperate bowl until smooth. Mix the egg mixture into the meat until evenly combined. Press into a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
  4. Bake in preheated oven until the meatloaf is no longer pink in the center, 45-60 minutes.

In my oven, it takes exactly 50 minutes for it to be perfect. There will be some grease in the bottom of the pan due to the meat/cheese thing going on. I just pour it out before transferring the meatloaf to a plate.

We had this for dinner last night with Ranch Mashed Potatoes and Creamy Corn Casserole. I'll post the directions for the casserole some other time.

1 comment:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

The meatloaf was amazing yummy. However, beware of the high octane/methane afterburn. Whew! It's enough to make my eyes water just thinking about it! Keep those free meals coming...I appreciate it!