Friday, February 1, 2008

Me In 25 Weeks

I've been reading so many cool ideas that people have this year to document 2008. I love the concept of taking a picture a day for 2008, but I missed out on the first half of January so gave that one up. I love the idea of documenting a story from each day of 2008, but again...sort of missed out on the entire month of January.

Another problem I have is time. I can't take a lot of time to do a project because I simply don't have enough of it. Being a working mom of 2 crazy boys takes up about 95% of my time and what's rest is spent with my hubby.

So I've come up with my own idea...sort of a mix of a bunch of concepts I've read about. I've been wanting to start a scrapbook that is all about me. Not because I'm vain and I love talking about myself, but because there's so much about me that no one else knows (except for you, mom). My boys won't really get to know me until they hit their 20's and they finally get their heads out of their butts and realize that the world doesn't revolve around them. I'm speaking from experience. I think it would be so much fun to hand this book to them in 20 years and say "This is who I was at 30". Or if I add to the book throughout the years, it will be fun to see how I evolved as a person.

I've come up with 25 words that describe me. You can choose as many words as you want, but I'm not that interesting of a person and could only come up with 25. Each week, I'm going to pick one word, not necessarily in the order that I've written them down, and take a picture that symbolizes that word. I may be in the picture and I may not. Depends on the word. I'm then going to do a layout (probably 8x8 to save on time) to explain how that word pertains to me. When everything is done, I'll have a book that should somewhat explain who I am. If I like the results I may continue adding words as time goes by....to be determined.

So I'm going to just throw myself out there and tell you my words in case my goal isn't quite clear.

1. woman
2. Diet Pepsi
3. impatient
4. loyal
5. SUV
6. cook
7. family
8. emotional
9. chick flicks
10. insecure
11. travel
12. Lupus
13. wine
14. photography
15. pink
16. OCD
17. dogs
18. wife
19. blog stalker
20. daughter
21. traditions
22. mother
23. creative
24. procrastinate
25. homemaker

Each week for 25 weeks, I'll randomly pick one of these words and take a picture that represents it. I'll then do a simple layout that will mostly consentrate on the photo and journaling. Make sense? You have no idea how hard this is going to be for me. Not only to commit to the project, but to be so open about myself. Some of these words are very personal to me and others are just funny.

If anyone else wants to join in, I'd love to see your words and/or layouts if you're willing to share! I think this would be fun to do as a group...even if it's through cyberspace.

Have a fabulous weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful idea! Count me in. You may have to help your mother come up with 25 words (now, be nice). Here are a few words that come to mind:

- Friend
- Silly
- Crafter
- Organizer
- Homemaker
- Teacher
- Margarita/Jimmy Buffet
- Sun/Summer/Pool

Anonymous said...

sounds like a really good concept! good job jamie! I have a 12x12 book that I'm trying to document my childhood photos, but this "About Me in real time" book sounds more 'now' and since I'm going to be 30 this year, it would be a perfect time to do this. I'll let you know my words as I figure them out!

Judyann said...

Love the 25 words idea. I may pick up that too, since my photo a day was shot about the 2nd week of January. Just too hard to find the time with kids, carpooling, dinner, work etc. I know you know where I'm coming from.