Tuesday, February 19, 2008

New Look

I can't believe this is my 100th post! I've had so much fun during the past 7 months sharing all the crazy happenings that go on in our family. This has truly turned into a wonderful place to pour out my feelings...good and bad. It's not always easy living in a house dominated by testosterone so I love that I have a place to go and get it all out.

I wanted this post to be special since it's my 100th post. Hence why you haven't heard from me in a while. I wanted to unveil a new project or have a great picture of the boys. Then I ran across this picture in Flickr and was so excited because it's my "word". I immediately thought that "Our Crazy Life" needed a new look. I knew I wanted to use this photo in the banner!

I have pictures from Ayden's Vday party to share and some others from this weekend, but I have yet to download them. Maybe tonight. In the mean time, here's a little family update.

Ayden - I'm going to check out a second school for Ayden on 3/21. I ran into one of the moms from Marguerite's. Her son left almost a year ago to attend Royal Learners and they love it. They offer cooking, gardening, music and foreign language on top of their other Pre-K curriculum. It's about $30 less expensive than The Primrose Academy and it's closer to home. They also allow for drop off as early as 6am and pick up as late as 7pm. Not that I want Ayden there that long, but it's nice to have in case of an emergency (traffic, car accident...etc.). He's excited about starting a new school and seemed impressed when we drove by to show him their playground. Other than that, he's obsessed with his Smart Cycle, arts and crafts and playdough. Now that the weather is getting warmer he also wants to play on his 4wheeler more.

Jameson - My poor little goober is suffering from yet another cold. We're fine during the day, it's at night that he has coughing attacks and can't breath. The vaporizer has been running non-stop and we put a pillow in his crib. He's taken an interest in removing his diaper and watches his brother use the potty. I think he'll be potty trained by the time he's two. I think it's funny that I could have a two year old using the potty but can't talk. Communication with Jameson is very frustrating. His new word is "mine" and will snatch anything and everything away from Ayden. Ayden is being very tolerant of his little brother and will often find something new to play with so that Jameson doesn't have a total meltdown.

Jason - After a lengthy conversation about the importance of family time, we've been seeing more of daddy. He was actually home both days this past weekend and we had such a nice time getting some things done around the house and relaxing. Nothing was rushed since we had two days instead of one. He's also making an attempt to be home for dinner at least 2 nights a week. Ayden and Jameson worship their daddy and I love watching their faces light up when he walks through the door. Jason struggles so much balancing work and family, but I appreciate his effort to value his time with us more.

Jamie - I've really been working on simplifying things lately. We've spent the last two weekends at home. I spend a lot of time playing with the boys but by the end of the day on Sunday, the basics are done...laundry, kitchen, bathrooms and vacuuming. This allows me to concentrate on enjoying my family time during the week. We also realize that going out to eat is very frustrating. Ayden is very well behaved, but Jameson just doesn't have the patience to sit still that long. So we've been eating almost every meal at home. I can't believe how much money we're saving by not running out for lunch or dinner on the weekends! I've been really busy at work. I'm hoping that things slow down by the end of February so I can concentrate on studying for my CPP exam. I have a fun Diva Day planned for Saturday. Judy, Pam, my mom and I are going up to Archivers to check out some of the new CHA releases and then we'll have a nice lunch. We leave around 8am and get back by early afternoon. Unfortunately Chere is going gambling that weekend and won't be able to join us but we'll see her the following Sunday for our monthly Diva Meeting. I'm excited to work on some new projects (hint hint...Mother's Day).

Last but not least. I feel like I need to appologize to anyone who is or has been a SAHM. Last week I was beyond busy and was very frustrated with the timing of Ayden's Vday party. There are so many good reasons for having it at that time but it's difficult for me to leave work in the middle of the day. That is my problem to work out though...not the other parent's. Ayden and Jameson come first in my life and I will always make time for their special events. The day my job interferes with my being a mom is the day I look for a new job.

Well, I hope you like the changes to our blog. I'll try and post some pictures later this evening.

1 comment:

Chere said...

Jamie, You are such a great wife, mother, daughter and friend. You do have alot on your plate. It is so nice to see a young family make time to be together. Most of them are running around here, there and everywhere. My Mom always worked. Every once and awhile, we would get up and she would declare a sick day. No school. No work.We would have a great adventure. It was always so much fun. We were missing school and she was missing work. Those are the times that I remember. Not the softball, baseball and all the other stuff but just her time, fun, love and laughter.