Thursday, February 21, 2008

Support System

With the crazy schedule that Jason and I have, it's so important to have a good support system. Not only to help with the day to day stuff, but emotional support as well. I look at being a good mother, maintaining our home and going to work all as my job. A job that I take pride in! Just like Jason takes pride in his work at Patriot. But sometimes I do get tired and frustrated. Sometimes I feel like I need to be doing more. Sometimes I feel like the responsibilty of it all is just too overwhelming. It's times like these that I rely on my fabulous support system and I don't even think they know how much they do for me.

In no specific order....

Jason - You are my world. It certainly hasn't always been easy, but I think we're finally figuring it all out. Thank you for letting me vent about work, helping so much with the boys, supporting my obsession with scrapping and understanding that getting away every once in a while is what keeps me sane. You are a fabulous husband and such a loving daddy. I fall in love with you all over again every time I see you with your children. Their eyes light up every time you walk in the door. I'm so proud of the man you have become. Trust me, no one can piss me off like you can, but no one can make me laugh like you can either.

Erin and Nikki - Do you know how much it means to me to be able to pick up the phone and just hear your voice? Listening to what's going on in your lives takes me away from mine...even if it's only for 5 minutes. I miss you both so much!

Mom & Peter - You rescue me when Jason is working such long, crazy hours. You go on trips with us, take us to dinner and lavish Ayden and Jameson with so much attention. Every time you pull the boys up on your lap for a cuddle, it's a couple of minutes that they're not demanding something of me. You fill their sippies with juice, go find their missing stuffed animal or make sure they're wrapped up in a blanket for some cartoon time. I appreciate everything that you do for your grandchildren because the end result is that you're helping me. I would truly be lost without you!

Debbie & Steve - Seriously, not only are you both such loving and generous grandparents but who else will travel a thousand miles away from home to help take care of my boys so I can have a little "me" time. I would never have been able to go to Hawaii last year if it weren't for Debbie. I love calling you on my way home from work to hear the family gossip. Thank you so much for raising such an amazing son. I love telling you what a great daddy he is and what a truly amazing man he is turning out to be. I know it can't be easy to be so far away from us, but you never make us feel guilty for making the move to Georgia. If anything, I think you understand most why it was so important for us.

Dad & Mary Joy - I truly believe that there is nothing you wouldn't do for your grandchildren. You are both so generous with your love. It's so reasuring to know that my daddy still worries about me and wants the best for me. You never fail to call and check up on us every Sunday. I look forward to 8:30am more than you know and have so much fun watching Ayden talk to his grandpa and grandma. I know if you could, you'd spend every second of vacation time that you have up at the cottage. So making a few trips down to see us every year means the world to me. I know it's not easy for you either...being so far away from us, but you've been very understanding of our need to start fresh in a new place.

Divas - (Mom, Chere, Judy & our newbie - Pam) Last but not least. What would I do without you? You always joke around that you can't understand why I choose to hange out with a group of women older than me. Why wouldn't I? Each of you are so amazing and I feel like we all bring our own special personalities to the group. We mesh so well! You're my friends, my inspiration and my traveling companions. I love that you share your life experiences with me because I need to know that everything that I'm going through is normal. Thanks girls!

Where in the world is all of the coming from? Well, in keeping with this year's plan to simplify I realized that it wouldn't be possible without my support system. Whether they know it or not, all of these people contribute to my sanity either by helping with the boys, making me laugh or giving me much needed advice. Their support is what keeps me going!

Thanks so much to you all!!!

No comments: