Thursday, October 30, 2008

Almost There

There is a possibility that baby Ava will be making her appearance even sooner than expected. Our darling daughter is in the "head down" position and has been that way for the past 3 weeks, only now her head has dropped lower into my pelvis. This is something that normally doesn't happen until 36 weeks (I was 32 weeks on Monday)! I've been experiencing some discomfort down there (pressure and sharp shooting pain) so I'm supposed to limit my walking, crouching and bending. I'm also still having about 6-10 contractions a day.

The good news is that Dr. Korotkin estimated her weight to be around 4 1/2 pounds on Monday and she's developing well. If she keeps gaining a half pound every week, she'll be at Jameson's birth weight (5lb 7oz) at 34 weeks. That's when I see Dr. Korotkin for another ultrasound. I also see Dr. McSwain (OBGYN) next Tuesday and then I'll move to weekly appointments with her. Right now, my new goal is to make it to 36 weeks (11/24). Looks like we may have a Thanksgiving baby instead of a Christmas baby!

I'm doing my best to take my doctor's advice, but when you have 2 other children to take care of it's not always easy to walk, crouch and bend less. The Chamber is kindly letting me park behind the building so that I don't have to make the 4 block walk to the parking deck. I'm trying to bring my lunch every day so I don't have to walk through CNN. Other than that, it's business as usual.

So please cross you legs (ha ha ha ... get it?) and pray that I can keep this sweet angel safely inside of me for a bit longer.

5 comments:

Roxanne Schwandt said...

I'm crossing my legs for you! Oh, and me too! I have an u/s tomorrow to see how big little schwandt is... already measured at 37cm 2 wks ago. I can't wait to meet Ava!!!!

Deb said...

Oh my! Well, that could be good news. Are you ready? I think you said you were making headway on the nursery. Take it easy, girl! or shall I say, girls! No bed rest?

Chere said...

Hang in there baby Ava. It is nice and warm where you are at. Marlee was 4 wks early, 4.5lbs and 18" long. She was perfect just little. Dusty was 5 wks early, 10.12 lbs and 22" long. They both are great adults today. Please! Please! Please take it easy. Good thing that Jason is not working crazy hours. You and Ava are in my thoughts and prayers.

Judyann said...

Wow, that is some news. Hang in there and take it easy. Let me know if you need any help with anything. I'm pretty close you know.

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Ok. Ava needs to make her arrival AFTER November 21st or you'll miss the movie premier of Twilight. It would help if she arrived on the 28th. That way we can have our traditional Thanksgiving at our house and I have Friday through Sunday to watch the boys. Can you manage all this????