Thursday, October 16, 2008

Spaghetti Pie

It's been a while since I posted a recipe! This one is new for us and was a huge hit at the dinner table last night. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1lb spaghetti
1lb lean ground beef
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp crushed garlic (I love garlic so added 2 tbsp)
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
8oz sour cream
1/2 chopped green onions
8oz package cream cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:

1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
3. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef. Drain and crumble. Put crumbled beef back in skillet and stir in salt, pepper, garlic, bell pepper and pasta sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. In a small bowl combine sour cream, green onion and cream cheese and set aside. Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and add the cooked spaghetti. Spread the cream cheese mixture over it, add the meat mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
5. Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5 more minutes until the cheese is bubbly.

Serve with some garlic bread and voila! This is a super easy dinner that even the kids will like!!

2 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

I bummed free dinner last night at the Payne's. I can vouch for this recipe as being wonderfully delicious! I didn't leave without my Rubbermaid container filled with leftovers. It made quite a hit at work today!

Deb said...

It sounds yummy. I would eat it in a heartbeat, but I am wondering if my husband would. I could just sneak it by him...he has a cream cheese/sour cream phobia.