Thursday, October 2, 2008

One more post for today

I don't like walking away sounding upset, depressed or miserable. I am non of those things. I sure hope no one got that impression from my last post. It's just that Brenda's story could happen to anyone if we're not careful and slow down every once in a while. My life is super crazy and hectic but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

It's been a while since I've really felt any creative juices flowing through my veins. I take pictures out of necessity rather than for the joy and I haven't touched my scrap supplies in almost 5 weeks. I'm very excited about my Connecticut trip next week though. I get a tingle every time I think about all of the bonding time I'll have with my Nikon D40 while I'm there! All these tingles sort of make me want to dive into a project. Something that combines photography with lots of journaling and minimal scrapping to keep everything clean and simple.

Do any of you keep up with Ali Edward's blog? Besides family and friends, I've been sort of avoiding the blogging world for the past 3-4 months but I've been getting back into it lately. Right now Ali is working on a "week in the life" project. She's taking lots of pictures of her daily routine, work stuff and family stuff. Every day she documents her family's activities for the day. After the week is over, she'll be putting everything into a mini book. She's done this before and I love the concept.

We have a lot going on in our family right now. Both Ayden and Jameson are going through some new phases, daddy is struggling to balance work/home with the Tyler Perry projects coming to a close and we're working on some of our own small projects at home. And then there's me...trying to be a good mom, wife, career woman and homemaker all while cooking baby #3 in my tummy. Lots going on = lots to document! Even if you think your life is boring and nothing changes day to day, Ali makes a point by saying that your emotions may be different so you'll view routine things in new ways. One day you could concentrate more on what's going on at work and less about the family. I truly believe that we all live interesting lives and they're worth sharing.

I'm really liking the idea of just keeping the book itself simple and concentrating more on the photos + words! I'd love to start the week after my trip. It'll be a busy week for all of us so there will be a ton to document. Let me know if you want to play along with me!

3 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

What a freat idea! I'll check out Ali's blog to see the project. I have scrapper's block because I'm holding out for the perfect photo(s). Alas, that never comes and I really have to learn to like my photography. Scrapping about one week in my life may force me out of my block. Yes, count me in :)

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Oops! I meant to say GREAT idea; not freat. I'm typing this at a little after 6am. My eyes and fingers are still sleepy :(

Chere said...

Love the idea of a week's worth of stuff. I have not scrapped since the last time I was at Scrap Club. I also have not been at home to scrap. I have a lot I want to do but no time to do it. I will look at Ali blog to see the project. Does she have a new baby?