Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Random Tuesday

1. Jameson developed a fever of 103 around 4am on Saturday. It took us all weekend, but his fever finally broke Sunday night. I was convinced that the fever was because his ear infection hadn't cleared up with the first round of antibiotics so I took him back to the doctor yesterday. Ears look great but throat looks awful. We should have the results of the throat culture tomorrow.

2. Ayden's glasses should be in today or tomorrow. I have mixed feelings about them. I look forward to my baby being able to see, but it's going to be a tough adjustment during the first couple of weeks.

3. Ava's room is almost done. Jason got 2 coats of paint on walls Friday. Saturday and Sunday he tore up carpet, laid down laminate, took down old nasty blinds that came with the house and hung up new wood blinds. I'm surprised how good the laminate looks. Now all we have to do is move everything back into the room and make the window valances.

4. Jameson is not doing well with the morning drop offs at Royal Learners. I feel like a crappy mom leaving my baby screaming and crying for me as I race off to work. They told me he had a good day yesterday though and was very well behaved except for a few weepy periods. Everyone thinks he has the face of an angel and is more than willing to take him outside for special walks when he gets "sad". That child sure knows how to wrap people around his little finger!

5. I love that things have slowed down for Jason. He's been working normal days so we see daddy at night and on weekends. It's been a long 2 years of him being at Tyler Perry's beck and call so I'm enjoying every second we have together as a family before things pick up again!!!

6. I had an OB appointment today and I've been assured that my contractions and other concerns are perfectly normal. Apparently after you pop out a few babies your body goes into autopilot mode. The contractions are freaking out my boss but I feel confident that baby Ava won't be making her arrival for at least another 5 weeks.

7. We are completely out of milk and juice.

8. Both Ayden and Jameson need new shoes...you know, the kind that actually fit.

9. Speaking of being able to fit. I took out coats for the boys this morning (it was in the low 40's!) and realized that Ayden's coat is a 3T and Jameson's is 18 months. Hmmmm. I think we need to buy Ayden a new coat so that Jameson can wear the 3T.

10. I downloaded 412 pictures last night from the past 4 weeks. I started editing my Connecticut pictures but had to stop to lay down down with the boys. I had every intention of finishing up the day 1 pictures, but woke up around 10pm with a numb arm and a two year old's foot pressed into my spine. I barely made it to the bathroom without peeing in the hallway and then crawled into my own bed. Maybe after buying milk, juice, shoes and a coat I'll be able to edit a few more pictures tonight.

No comments: